SIXTY-SEVEN

*Abby's POV*

The mix between the shower steam and being nestled to Dani, it becomes hard to breathe. I take a step back, only to arms length and take in the water that glistens on her face.

"Im really sorry about everything with Jayme," I whisper.

Her shoulders slouch, "I don't want to say it's okay but I guess that I say I can understand how you felt about seeing me with Kait, even if it was just on a computer screen."

"Thank you for changing it," I respond in relief.

In lieu of a verbal response, Dani dips her head to plant a soft kiss on my lips. NOt breaking our contact, she reaches one arm over to get the bottle of shampoo.

I laugh, "I love your shampoo."

"I love you," she smiles back. Unwrapping the other arm from me, she squeezes some of the creamy soap into her hand. Lathering it between her hands, she massages it into my scalp.

I groan at the feeling, not have had a proper shower in days. Just the simple touches from Dani makes everything intimate. While I rinse the aromatic shampoo from my hair, Dani lathers some in her own.

Hands back on my hips, she rotates us so that we stand where the other once was. As the suds wash from her hair, I nab the shampoo bottle. Her eyes snap open when my hands touch her body, running my soapy hands all over her abdomen.

Dani has to brace herself against the walls as I travel down her back and over her backside.

"When do I get to return the favor?" she moans.

Swallowing hard, "We'll see." After the incident in the hospital, I am still hesitant of relinquishing control back to Dani.

She pulls me closer and under the spray of water. My head down, she whisper to me, "I want to make you feel the way I do."

"You do," I say through the water, "every second I'm with you."

"I need to know that you can trust me."

"I do," I pause, "I'm just hesitant."

The rest of the soap rinses off her body. With one arm she reaches behind us and shuts off the water.

"What if I can't be what you want?" my hands running over her skin. "What if you change your mind about me; I don't think I could ever get over you?"

Dani's hands encase mine, preventing them from brushing over her anymore. "You're everything I could ever dream of."

Looking at the woman in front of me, I drink in her essence. Her blonde hair has darken from the shower and the heat causes it to cling to her skin. I open the door and cool air surges in, covering my body with goosebumps; Dani's arms wrapping around me makes them go away. Reaching around the corner, I unhook one one of the towels and pass it back to Dani before reaching for another for myself.

We step out of the shower one after the other and head back into the bedroom. Picking up the pants and shirt from the floor, I toss them on the bed before wrapping the towel around my hair. Carefully removing the ziplock, I slip on the garments; when I turn around I find Dani doing the same.

Rubbing my hair dry, I return to the bathroom to comb out the wet mess. It only takes a minute before Dani is behind me.

"Don't you own one of those?" she laughs, taking the brush from my hand and finishing combing through the locks.

"What do you want my apartment is a crime scene?" I unknowingly spit back.

Her jaw stiffens as she finishes detangling my hair. She quickly combs her own before leaving me alone in the bathroom.