SIXTY-TWO

*Abby's POV*

Henley should know better than bringing up that shit. I glare at her as she tries to steer Dani away from the topic. The way Dani keeps glancing at me, however, tells me that I will be asked about it later. I didn't exactly subtly notify Henley of what she did; I was taken off guard.

Just as with this morning the same tray woman comes to collect my dishes before quietly retreating back to the hallway.

"Good afternoon Abigail!" Doctor Mallan warmly booms from the hall.

Behind him walks Jayme. She puts on a bright smile and hangs back by the door while Mallan steps all the way in.

"It's good to hear that you're up and walking with minimum pain medicine. A good support network is always efficient in a healthy recovery." He sits gently on the pedestal and rolls over to me. "So after you leave here you'll be prescribed a general antibiotic for about two weeks and you general recovery time will be between three to six weeks after you're discharged." He scratches the side of his nose and clears his throat. "During this time you should avoid any strenuous activity for the onset of recovery; this includes tasks such as working out or even carrying too much weight in a bag; it is also advised that you abstain from sexual activity during this time.

We will need a few follow up appointments to overview you kidney function however since you are so young, the chances of any complications are slim to none. Long term we are talking about extremely minimum hindrance in your life. So now we're just going to have you lay down in order to take a look under the bandage."

I stand up by myself, earning a smile from the doctor and walk to my bed.

"You might be one of the best recoveries I've seen," he glows. "Now, Doctor Sayler take a look and tell me what you see."

Jayme forces a smile and meets me at the bedside. Its wrong that she hasn't dismissed herself from my case.

"Are you two ladies wanting to stay?" Mallan asks Henley and Dani.

Henley takes her leave but Dani stays, staring down my ex as she begins to roll up my gown. Her fingers trace over my stomach sending butterflies everywhere. A genuine smile replaces her fake one as she peels away the medical tape holding down the gauze.

"No inflammation. No pustules," she articulates.

"Very good," Mallan says, peering over her shoulder. "Looks like we have got a star patient!"

"Indeed," Jayme smiles warmly. She finishes removing the entire bandage and discards it. Doctor Mallan hands her some fresh supplies and oversees her redress my wound. I watch intently as she deliberately makes small innocuous touches on my bare skin.

"Very good," Mallan says again. "I will see you in the morning and then we can send you off home."

Jayme rolls down my gown, brushing over my thigh. "See you in the morning," she says flatly, following her colleague out of the room.

"No sex?" Dani growls quietly as Henley rejoins us.

"Is that the only thing you heard in all that?" I shoot back.

She shrugs, "Can you blame me?"

"I suppose not," I wink, turning my attention back towards the television. The game show network still runs and I smile.

"Don't tell me she got you hooked on this trash?" Henley complains.

"Trash?" Dani exclaims. "This is the best channel out there!"

"And you agree?" Henley accuses me.

I shrug and continue thinking through the questions being announced on the television.

"I thought you liked watching dated shows off Hulu."

"I do," I respond flatly. Henley let me use one of the spare profiles on her family account since there's just the three of them and they purchased the four account package.

"I went on your account once by mistake and your topped watches shows were Golden Girls and Gossip Girl, talk about a weird pair," she laughs and I shoot her a glare.

Henley always jokes about my viewing habits. I concur I suppose, my habits are slightly obscure in the diversity. Dani joins in the laughter with Henley and I can't help but chuckle along with them. Smiling and relaxing into Dani, I feel at ease with my two best friends; I can't wait to go home tomorrow with Dani.