Ghosts Haunt Us

Wukong tried not to be too anxious.

But as MK, Mei, and him had made it to Pigsy's, they couldn't help but notice just how...silent everything was. The kids had even pointed out how dystopian everything looked.

Wukong touched down softly, shushing his students before swinging the door open.

Tang gasped, revealing himself as well as Sandy and Pigsy, "You're back!" MK grimaced, "What happened?" The scholar cleared his throat, "Well, there were Demon Bull clones. But they were blue."

Wukong gasped, turning abruptly around, analyzing the city with his gold vision. Traces of ghostly death magic floated in the air, following small machines.

"MONKEY KING-!"

The monkey blinked, looking over at the group, "...What..?" Sandy looked at him in concern, "Is everything alright, Mr.King?" Wukong swallowed thickly, he could try telling them the truth. Maybe the spell will allow him to warn them.

"This is the work of the Lady Bone Demon."

Silence, and for a moment Wukong glanced at the clock on the wall anxiously, making sure it didn't start abruptly reversing.

MK spoke up first, "Uh...who?"

"A really, really big bad guy. She's terrible news, and if DBK is using this power-- She infects, hell, possesses others! If she's been unsealed from her tomb..." The monkey shuddered, "Look, we need to stop Demon Bull King. I'll see if maybe I can just...seal her back in. Deal?"

Pigsy hummed, "I see. Alright, then, what are we waiting for?" Wukong stared at him, baffled, "I-- You're not mad?" The chef stared at him with a puzzled look, "Why would I be upset?" The freckled king shrugged shyly, "I couldn't stop her from being freed."

"So? Let's go stop her, then!"

---

The fight was going well enough.

MK and Mei fighting against DBK with PIF and Red Son by their side. Ah, and Wukong letting his ex-sworn brother crush him under his fist in order to distract him. Fun times.

Wukong grunted as the bull's thumb pressed down against his skull, threatening to crush it, "Y-Y'know I'm gonna just grow back my head, right?" The possessed demon snarled, "Then it will be crushed again and again!"

Wukong chuckled dryly, "Ah, still mad, hm?" The bull squeezed his fist, and the monkey winced as a few ribs cracked. He was suddenly swung across the air as the fist holding him was used to defend DBK from the staff. Wukong grunted, "I'm sorry we ever fought, honest! But this power-- You can't use it!"

"LIES!"

Wukong hissed as his body broke under the weight of the bull king's fist. Wind blew harshly around him, giving him temporary bliss. Iron weighed in his mouth, coating his teeth. He could hear screaming, but the voices were strung and dampened.

The monkey blinked, suddenly laying on the ground.

MK and Mei hovered over him, tears in their eyes, "You're okay! Well...kind of." Wukong hummed, turning his head over to the open tomb. He painfully sat up as the underground tavern shook and trembled. Rocks began to fall.

Wukong looked over at Princess Iron Fan, pitifully crouched onto his still-healing knees, and bowed his head against the ground, "Get them out of here. Please."

He heard his students protest loudly as silent winds took them away.

The king shakily stood, glancing over at the canister on the ground. He used his Gold Vision, growling as he spotted blue magic trying to escape. He grabbed it with his bare hands, dragging the spirit to her tomb. The whispers screamed at him, and his hands felt deathly cold. But he still continued, trying to get her into the--