~Prologue~

"Are you sure he's there?" A dragon shrouded in the shadows asked.

There was another dragon there, sitting at the bottom. The two dragons were inside a cave, nearby where several dragonets were lying, sleeping outside.

The dragon inside the shadows was a dark greenish dragon, their eyes glinting in the darkness. The dragon padded forward, revealing swirls of brown, yellow, and black. The dragon they were talking to was looking at the dragon.

They were a dark color, with glinting eyes.

"So, Curse," the green dragon said to her companion. "Any success with your targets?" She asked the dragon, Curse.

Curse shook his head. "I nearly got the SeaWing. I–"

"Which SeaWing? The assassin, or the one that escaped my clutches?" The green one interrupted.

"The assassin," Curse said. "I haven't got any time to kill the IceWing; she's too slippery."

"Have you seen anything in your flower?" The dragon asked.

Curse looked back at his flower. It had been enchanted to show every possible future of any chosen dragon.

What will happen to the dragonets Venus and I are chasing for?

The flower seemed to glow faintly, and it showed multiple different futures. The one that interested Curse the most was the second one. It showed them finding another NightWing, somewhere in the Kingdom of the Sea.

"Look, Venus," Curse gestured to his companion. "It's another one."

The LeafWing peered over his shoulder. "I assume it's not part of the prophecy?" She asked.

"I don't know," Curse responded.

"Very well," Venus said. She flicked her tail, and Curse slumped over, falling on the ground.

"What did you say that you called your dragons again? Oh, right, puppets. You may rest now, little puppet."

She traced her talon across his face.

"You may have failed your mission, but I won't."

haha yes, Curse is a puppet! I know that it might not have been obvious, but, yeah!

320!