Chapter Nine

"You're Aurora? You're–you're male!"

"Not all the time. I'm female most of the time."

"That....makes no sense."

"So like me?" Skua asked. "Sometimes I feel female too!"

Darkmist rolled his eyes. "They're so weird."

"Is the SilkWing your sister?" Majestic asked.

"Apparently."

"So, are you a SilkWing-IceWing hybrid too?" Aurora asked Darkmist's friend.

"Nope. I'm actually part RainWing and HiveWing."

Majestic held her talon up, and Darkmist watched as her leg turned yellow-green to red to orange.

"What do those colors mean?" Skua and Aurora asked.

"Annoyance, anger, and outrage. Now get out of my face before you won't be able to."

The two dragons moved slowly away from Majestic, and Majestic turned to Darkmist with an expressionless look.

"So, are we leaving now? Maybe we should try to visit the rainforest, so Monsoon can check on her sister, and we can get some food. We can't survive on scrawny birds."

Blossom looked at Majestic, and they both had an intense staredown.

"We should," Blossom agreed. "I'm getting tired of eating nothing for several straight weeks."

Everyone nodded.

"Can we come too?" Aurora and Skua asked.

Darkmist lingered. "Fine."

They headed towards the dying sunrise, and Darkmist wondered more about his sister.

He had a million questions.

One burned in his mind:

Who is her father?

ooh gender-assuming Darkmist.

220 words!