This is home

Muichiro didn't speak another word to Genya as they entered the cinema. As an act of 'sorry' Genya paid for the popcorn and drinks before they walked to find their seats.

Muichiro was already staring at the screen with disgust, before the movie had even started.

"Can you stop being mad at me yet?"

Muichiro glared at him from the corner of his eye.

"No"

"Dude I literally didn't do anything!"

Genya protested.

Muichiro scoffed.

"You chose a romance movie after I literally told you how much I despise them."

Muichiro had always held a deep hatred for romance. He wasn't sure how it had begun, just something about the idea of loving someone like that made him want to throw up.

"It was literally the only movie I could get!"

Muichiro raised an eyebrow. The Cinema lobby had been practically empty, and he knew for a fact that there were multiple movies showing currently.

"Yeah right"

"I'm serious!"

Genya dug around in his pockets, pulling up the cinema website and shoving his phone in front of Muichiro's face.

"All the others were rated R!"

Muichiro looked dumbfounded, pulling the phone from Genya's grasp and scrolled through. Genya was telling the truth, all the other movies currently showing were R rated.

He handed the phone back embarrassed.

"Sorry" He mumbled.

Genya looked at his phone for a moment before looking to Muichiro with a soft expression.

"We can get out of here and come back another day if you want."

Muichiro wanted to say yes, but he had been looking forward to this for ages.

He wanted to stay, but his hatred for movies like these flared as the screen flickered on, the protagonist's cringey monologue starting.

An idea popped into his head.

"We could sneak into one of those R movies?"

Genya stared at him stunned. Muichiro may have been younger than him, but hell was he crazier.

"You can't be serious!"

Muichiro smiled a large toothy grin.

"Dead serious"

"Muichiro that is the dumbest idea you have ever had. We'll definitely get caught!"

Muichiro rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, Gaynya"

A sudden warmth crept up Genya's face.

He hated that nickname.

He scrunched up his face.

"Fine, let's do it."

He said, defeated.

They both got up from their seats and peered out into the hall that had the entrances to the other showings, checking the coast was clear.

Muichiro grabbed Genya's wrist and half dragged him as they darted towards one of the other doors.

He pulled the door open quietly, eyes scanning the seats to ensure they were empty.

Sure enough, no one else could be spotted, and the movie was only just starting.