Monday

Notes:

(So full disclosure, This chapter was gonna be super long, but I absolutely could not wait to post so I split it into two.
So now it's only like 500 words. I just wanted to make you all suffer too much.

Next chapter is gonna be the last one probably.)

Monday. The day every child in their right mind hated.

The day where the joy of the weekend finished and they were forced to return to school.

Muichiro pulled himself from the comfort of his blankets, dropping them onto the floor as he sat up, holding his phone.

His texts with Genya were already opened when he unlocked his phone.

Muichiro: You coming today?

Gen: Yeah, Nemi's making me.

Muichiro smiled, sending a heart emoji before placing the phone face down and rushing to change into uniform.

He threw a pile of books and papers into his bag and dragged it into the kitchen.

He pushed a piece of bread into the toaster just as Yuichiro stepped out of his room.

The older twin looked up, eyes flicking between Muichiro's uniform and the bag.

"Why you got all that?"

Muichiro rolled his eyes.

"School, dumbo."

Yuichiro looked away, pulling food from the cupboard.

"You're not going."

Muichiro's eyes darted up.

"What?"

"You're staying home today."

"Like hell I am."

Yuichiro's face dropped.

"I'm serious. You're not going to school today."

Muichiro leaned on the counter, raising an eyebrow.

"Why?"

"Can you stop asking questions?! A normal kid would happily take the day off!"

Yuichiro snapped, accidentally knocking the box of cereal in front of him to the floor.

Muichiro stared at the spilled cereal.

"Fine."

Yuichiro was clearly mad, Muichiro could tell something was bothering him.

He dragged his bag back to his room in defeat, leaving his toast in the kitchen.

Yuichiro sighed as the younger skulked to his room.

He didn't want to be rude, but this was for his brothers own good.

Muichiro would that him later.

He pulled the burner phone from his pocket, dialing the number hastily.

"Go ahead."

...........................................................................

Muichiro had never actually intended to stay in his room.

The second he shut his door he leapt into action.

He pushed the window open and hauled his bag over the edge, jumping after it quickly.

Whatever reason Yuichiro had for him staying home, it didn't matter.

What was the worst that could happen?

He broke out into a half sprint as the bus came into view, already driving away.

It didn't stop for him.

He grit his teeth. It was like the whole Universe didn't want him to go to school today.

He sprinted as fast as he could towards school, wind whipping against his face.

The scene was all too familiar.

It was just like the night he died.

But it wasn't like he was going to die today or anything.

.....................................................................................................

Muichiro arrived at the school gates just in time.

The sound of the bell rang through his ears as he raced to his class.

Quickly he took a seat beside Genya, greeting the taller with a warm smile.

"You're late"

Genya remarked with a smirk.

Muichiro rolled his eyes.

"By like, 2 minutes. At least I actually showed up."

They both groaned in unison as the teacher walked through the door, a large stack of papers in her arms.

Muichiro glared at the back of the teacher's head as she slipped a quiz onto his desk.

He stared at it in disgust.

"I would literally rather die that do this"

He muttered, skimming over the questions.

Genya flicked a pencil at him.

"Don't say shit like that!"

He hissed.

They had an unspoken agreement to not mention stuff like dying.

Too many memories.

Muichiro nodded as a makeshift sorry, and they turned their eyes towards the papers.

The whole class's minds were focused on recalling random information.

None of them knew about the figure at the entrance to the school, slowly looping a chain around the door handles.