𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 - the damn train!

𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐀𝐘, 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆...I woke up before Johnnie and he was still calmly sleeping. I was cuddled into his chest and his arms were around me. I slowly pry him off of me, VERY careful so that I don't wake him up. I don't want to have to explain the whole story as to how that had happened.

Then it had hit me. James was on this train, for a split second I was in a state of tranquillity but knowing he's on this train, I don't know how to feel. It's ironic he managed to get on the SAME train as me. Fucking hilarious. I bitterly thought as I checked the time on my phone, seeing as how it was almost time to go down for breakfast.

I wake up Jake first, and he immediately gets up. "It's 6:50, we should go down to eat," Jake nods his head and we take a moment to fully get ourselves awake. "Should we wake Johnnie up?" I question to Jake but all he did was shake his head.

"He has an alarm, he'll come down soon enough." I nod my head and start going down the hall —stretching and yawning— I'm not much of a morning person, I prefer the night. So waking up is an absolute pain, I hate the mornings. When I make my way into the eating area, I sit down and use the chair to crack my back.

The loudest crack echoed from my back, some old people shot their heads in my direction and I decided to not care much about their eyes piercing my soul. Soon, Jake joins the table and he looked even worse then me. He looked like he got into a fight with coyotes. "Aren't you the prettiest." I spoke sarcastically, and manage to let out a quiet chuckle.

"There is no way you're talking when your hair looks like an absurd nest. Look at the tangles in your hair." I roll my eyes, and wait for the food to arrive. Jake rolls his eyes as well and mocks my actions. Sometimes I feel like he's an older brother, because cousin doesn't really fit our dynamic.
"Oh yeah, our train will be stopping soon."

"How soon?"

"Like an hour soon."

.

.

.

We ended up missing our next train, so we calmly spoke to the staff and we got another bus to board on. This one looked more like a plane, then a bus. Jake told Johnnie he needed to use the seat beside him for luggage. So I had to sit beside Johnnie because Jake told him if we occupied anymore seats we'd be in trouble.

I'm going to kill Jake for this! "What kind of music do you like?" Johnnie calmly spoke while hardly looking up from his phone.

"Well, punk, but I like pierce the veil a lot," I see him smile and he shows me his playlist on Spotify and it's a lot of Pierce the veil songs. There was a moment of silence and I could tell he was trying to think about something to say. "Listen I'm worried about you, I normally don't overbear people with questions but it seems like you need someone right now."

"You want to know?" He nods his head and I lean back in my seat. "Well I suppose you're right about one thing, I didn't just move out of my parents house. I've been living on my own since I was sixteen, because my parents aren't exactly the best people. Then I met this guy named James, and I guess we fell in love. Then it became, toxic, he started to control what I dress, to who I hung out with, to even what I ate."

I paused for a second to recollect myself, I looked at Johnnie to see if he was listening. He was in tune to what I was saying, he was paying attention, and that made me feel a lot better. "You can keep going, it's alright." I nodded my head and avoided his gaze.

"And I guess, I didn't just need a place to stay. I needed to be watched, because I tried to end my life." I finished my story, and started to hide my face, scared that I might cry or completely embarrass myself even further. I didn't even want to look at him, I was scared I'd look at him and his entire view of me would change, but all he said was,

"You shouldn't be ashamed, you shouldn't feel like you can't explain to people what happened. Y/n you're an incredible person, but I believe you're scared to be the real you, scared to show the part of you he destroyed. He brainwashed you into believing that you, wasn't the correct you. That's completely false, because you're beautiful, you need to be what you want to be." I looked at him once more and he had a small smile on his face.

I didn't know if It was the long trip, or the rotten snacks I ate at the back of the bus, but somewhere in my mind when I was looking at Johnnie, I felt happy again. I felt understood again. I felt like he was going to be one of my closets friends.

.

.

.

Me and Johnnie sat up at talked for 30 minutes but once we realized everyone was sleeping we decided we should get some rest to. I couldn't sleep but Johnnie was fast asleep, and falling on my shoulder, I lightly grabbed his head and rested it on my shoulder. I ended up nodding off as well so I rested my head upon his.

It didn't feel like a long sleep, I was awakened to shaking. It was Jake, and he was raising his eyebrows up and down teasingly and I rolled my eyes. I moved my shoulder up a few times, and Johnnie stirred awake. We finally made it to New York!! We both got our things and we raced outside of the bus into the street. I ran in-Front of them and looked at the amazing view of the city.

"Dude what happened between you and y/n on the bus?" Jake questions and Johnnie looks at y/n who was peacefully staring at the beautiful view.

"I don't know, but I think I fell in love with your cousin man."