A Cheery New Year

Why was it so hard to literally just copy and paste this chapter into Wattpad? It said '502 Bad Getaway' or some shit and then I reloaded it, it didn't work.

IT TOOK ME 20 FUCKING MINUTES, ME LITERALLY SLAMMING MY LAPTOP CLOSED, LOGGING BACK IN, AND IT STILL DIDN'T WORK

LIKE BRO WTF-

anyway I got it working, I'm gonna go punch something, enjoy :D

Mumbo's Perspective-

Mumbo sighed as he collapsed onto his bed.

It was two days after New Years, and he had just gotten back from his cousin's funeral.

He took out his phone and saw that there was an email from his local library saying that his book was overdue.

Might as well return that and find a new book since I have nothing better to do.

Mumbo groaned as he rolled off of his bed, grabbed his book and car keys, and left.

-

Mumbo yawned as he returned his book and walked towards the architecture section.

He wandered around, looking for a book to read, when he turned the corner and accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry." They said.

"No, it's oka- "

Mumbo cut himself off as he looked at the person he ran into.

"Grian?"

"Mumbo?"

The two guys chuckled as they smiled at each other.

"Hey Mumbo! How're you doing?"

"Well, I just left my cousin's funeral yesterday, so you know." Mumbo shrugged.

"Oh that's right, I'm so sorry."

Mumbo waved an impatient hand, "I'm fine. But what about you? What's new?"

Grian smiled, "I actually became friends with Scar again!"

Mumbo blinked, "You what?"

"Me and Scar! We're- we're friends again."

Grian's smile faded as he saw Mumbo's shocked look.

"O-oh. Are you sure?"

Grian nodded, "Yeah. Why?"

"I just- he hurt you so much the first time, why would you want to be friends again?"

Grian looked offended.

"Because Scar is an amazing person and I miss hanging out with him."

"But he caused you so much pain! How do you know this is the right decision? How do you know you won't get hurt?"

"What is your problem?" Grian asked, "Don't you trust me?"

"I do, but...Scar hurt you so much. I wouldn't be friends with- "

"WHY DON'T YOU TRUST ME?!" Grian shouted.

Mumbo froze.

"Why can't you trust my decision?!"

"Because I- "

Grian shook his head, "You know what? Save it."

"But- "

"Save it. I don't want to talk to someone who doesn't believe in my choices."

"Grian, I'm sorry. I'm just wor- "

"NO." Grian said sternly, "I. Don't. Want. To. Hear. It."

Mumbo shut up and Grian walked away.

"Until you can see that I can make choices on my own and that Scar's trustworthy, I don't wanna talk to you ever again."

Grian then walked out of the library, leaving Mumbo.

Mumbo stood there.

Fuck.

He walked out of the library and sat in his car, screaming into his hands.

"Why did I do that, why did I do that, why did I do that?!"

He sighed and looked out the window.

"I do believe you, Grian. But...Scar just hurt you so much, and seeing you upset made me upset. I'm just worried about you, Grian. That's it. I just...I like you so much that I worry so much."

He fell silent as he looked out the window.

How can I make it up to you, Grian?