Chapter V

Fabian

Asher spun around in his desk chair, putting his elbows on his knees while leaning forward. "So?"

I ran my hand through my hair "she said no"

"What do you mean she said no?" I closed the door behind me and flopped onto his bed. I always loved Asher's room, it was big, lots of space but at the same time he used it well and filled it up. He had a desk with a gaming set up across from his door, and his bed to the right of it with a window that faced the street. To the left was his closet and his wardrobe, his wallets were red, they always have been, as kids we were obsessed with Spider-Man so he painted his room red in hopes that he would become Spider-Man but he never did.

I ran my hands down my face in frustration and let out a deep sigh "Ash you can't make her do something" I told him, "she's her own person and we both know how stubborn she can be"

Asher got up from his chair, his hands thoughtfully pushed his hair over his head as he pondered what I had said. His face light up and he snapped his fingers towards me, "What are you going as for Halloween?"

"Uh, nothing?"

A smirk spread over his face that made my blood chill, "well you better find something, you've got two days until that party gets here" I hated the idea of going to a party, but if it meant keeping Alanna safe I would do it.

~

Asher brushed the shoulders of my purple suit and laughed while looking at me "you look amazing dude" I felt very uncomfortable knowing that I was just going to this stupid party just to spy on Alanna. She was right, she's 17, we should just trust her. "Now remember, you're there to keep an eye on Alanna. Don't get distracted by all the pretty girls that will be there" if only he knew he was sending me there to protect the prettiest one.

"Right, of course" I laughed nervously, trying to convince him that I was interested in other girls. I don't know if he bought it and I don't really care at this point. When you dress up as The Joker to keep the girl you like safe from all the other sleazy guys out there everything else, like good acting, goes out the window.

Asher grabbed his car keys and headed for the door, dragging me along with him. We both hopped into his vehicle, music blared in my ears as he rolled the windows down and lay back in his seat, started to drive to the house.

I was nervous Alanna would recognize me right away, so I flipped down the visor and looked at myself in the mirror, fixing my hair. "Is this going to come out?" I asked, fussing with the green hair diy coated my head.

Asher glanced at me, laughing as he patted my shoulder "it'll come out" i was convinced and I let out a low groan. My blonde hair will never be blonde again, I thought rolling my eyes as we turned a corner and saw a house lit up with people everywhere. They spilled out onto the lawn, in the street, the house was decorated up with skeletons, pumpkins, headstones, spider webs, everything. Bright orange and purple lights shawn on the windows and music radiated from the house.

"Ash I dunno about this man. I mean, I want even invited" Ash scoffed at my doubt, reaching over and opening my door for me. I gave him a worried look, glancing between him and the house full of people.

Asher unbuckled my seatbelt and pushed me out of the car, pointing towards someone "look there Alanna" I looked over my shoulder, searching for her, then I saw her. I'm all her glory she was waking up the driveway in chunky light purple heels that went up to her knees, she didn't have a jacket on and I noticed some heads turn as her and Naomi walked pasted a few guys. My jaw clenched and I started to walk away "oh, and Fabian?"

Before I closed the door I turned back, "Yeah?"

"If my sister gets pregnant tonight. You're dead." His statement made chills run down my spine and all I could do was nod. Asher wasn't a violent person my nature but if he was provoked into being violent it sometimes got messy.