Chapter VIII

•Authors note: Hated this chapter. Good luck.

Fabian

My usual mornings went something like this, wake up early, shower, drink coffee, pick up a bagel at the local bakery with strawberry cream cheese and head off to class. But today was different, I didn't have class today, it was midterm break and I finally had a moment to myself. I could finally think for myself.

I put the keys in my car and listen to it hum as I bring it to life for the first time of the day. The weather was really cooling down, now heading into November, frost started to coat the blades of grass around my house and slightly impaired my vision on my windshield.

The heat in my car warmed the glass of my windshield and started to melt the ice. I don't really like the heat and it causes me to choked on the hot air, breathing it in as I wait for the ice to dissipate. "Fuck this" I mumbled, turing the heat down and moving my windshield whispers back and forth to clear the ice instead.

My coffee travel mug slid perfectly into the cup holder and I put my hand on the back of the passenger seat headrest, looking back windshield, squinting my eyes to try and see through the frosted glass out into the parking lot.

Peering through the back windshield, someone catches my eye, a shorter girl with light brown hair. She's wearing a baggy hoodie with baggy black sweats on. Her hair was up in a bun and it fell forward as she leaned down through the car door she was standing outside.

Upon further inspection, I couldn't believe my eyes as Alanna turned around with a blushy look on her face as she closed the door and the car drove off.

My blood boiled as she skipped across my apartment parking lot and stood at the bus stop, hitching a ride back home no doubt so no one would know where she was. But I saw the bastards car, and I intended to find out who he was and what he was doing with Alanna.

After backing my car out of my spot I swung around to where Alanna was standing and beeped my horn at her. At first she didn't realize it was me and I drew the attention of a few bystanders, eventually she looked over at me and eye widened slightly before she tires to hide her face.

I beeped the car horn again making her start to walk away from the bus stop. When I finally clued in to the message she was giving off that she didn't want me to see her I turned my car off and started to get out. Panic lingered on her face as she watched in horror as I made my way over to her, catching her wrist in my hand before she managed to run off.

"What are you doing here?"

My eyes searched hers, looking for answers that she wasn't willing to give up. The way she looked at me made me drop her wrist, was the guy she was seeing this bad that she was scared to even talk about it? I hated seeing her like this, and if he was the reason she was so scared I definitely needed to find him. And fast.

I opened my mouth to speak to her but closed it again. How did I even start this conversation? Was it even a good idea to pry? I didn't want Alanna to hate me for telling her secret or getting up in her business.

Maybe not bringing it up at all would be the best course of action, I thought, sighing and pinching the bridge of my nose, waving her over towards my car "let's go"

She followed behind me quickly and quietly, trying not to make any sound in case it sparked something in me and I spoke to her.

I couldn't help notice the marks on her neck that she was trying to hide. It made my jaw clench, my stomach turn and my knocked whitened around the steering wheel as I let out a deep breath to calm myself. If I really wanted to I could get the information out of her and track down this piece of shit but that wasn't my plan. The plan was to make her feel safe and loved, and I couldn't go against that for my own selfish reasons.