Chapter 5

Louis's P.O.V:

I felt butterflies in my stomach, like I was about to spew. I held it in and focused on my quivering fingers. My heartbeat could be heard from the other side of the room. I was scared. Scared I'd lose Harry. Scared I would never be happy without him.

"L-Louis." a small voice trembled from outside my door. I got up and unlocked the door to reveal Phoebe hugging the teddy bear I'd given her for Christmas last year. Which reminds me, I have to get Harry a gift. Perhaps a white Christmas, if you know what I mean.

"Why were you and mommy yelling before?" she asked. I could see tear stains on her soft cheeks.

"Don't worry about it. I wouldn't expect you to care." I said.

"I care." she answered quickly. I smiled and let her in my room. I turned on the lights and guided her over to my bed. I shut the door behind us and locked it. I turned back around to see her attempting to play my guitar. I walked over, picked her up, and put her on my laps. I wrapped my arms around her so I could teach her how to play.

"Put your fingers," I stopped as I adjusted the strings into tune, "like this."

She tried too, but her small, frail hands weren't big enough.

"Don't worry kiddo." I said and messed up her hair.

"Hey!" she said, then did the same to me.

I pushed her onto the bed and left the guitar to the side. I started tickling her. Her giggles revealed the smile I hadn't seen in a while. I kept tickling until she was laughing so much, tears were forming in her eyes. I looked over at my phone, the screen was on. I grasped it in my hand and saw fifteen messages from Eleanor.

"I love you"

"Message me back!"

"I want attention!"

And so on.

I deleted our entire message thing. Harry's messages popped up.

"Who's," she paused,"Hazza Boo?"

"He's my...boyfriend." I said unwillingly.

"Is he a good guy?"

"Amazing."

"I don't have a problem with you being together. Is he cute?"

I showed her a picture.

"Whoa. He's really cute."

"Mhm." I agreed. We spent the rest of the night just looking through our clean, kid-safe messages.