Chapter 6

She fell asleep in my arms. Her small head rested on my chest. I couldn't sleep that night. Wondering if Anne would show my mum the messages. I'd runaway. Never look back, just leave. No warning. I'd take Phoebe with me. So she could see what love was. I'd be with Harry. Never stop. Never surrender to the horrible people that couldn't see what we had.

"Louis. I can't sleep." she said.

"Phoebe, it's one in the morning. Go to bed."

"Why aren't you sleeping?"

"Same reason."

"What are you thinking about?"

"Harry. I can't seem to shake the feeling I had when we kissed." I paused, expecting to see a disgusted face. But instead, it was a comforting smile.

"Lou, I think you shouldn't care what others say. If you love him, go ahead and show the world you do."

"But everyone is just putting us down."

She yawns loudly. "But," she yawns,"it's okay. You love him right?"

"Of course. The way his smile makes me melt, the way his curls are perfectly round and his dimples are so deep and you-"

"Enough!" she interrupts. "Just admit it to the world."

"Everyone would judge us. What if he feels awkward about everyone knowing?"

"Then let him feel awkward. It's time for you to hike up your skirt and show the world you love him." She said, then nuzzled into my neck, her warm breath against my skin. We soon fell asleep.

Harry's P.O.V:

I couldn't do this. I can't hurt him like this. My palms were sweaty, my heartbeat pounded in my ears. I shakily knocked on his door. His mum answered.

"Hi Harry. W-What are you doing here?" she answered uncomfortably.

"Is L-Louis home? We need t-to talk." I replied nervously.

"He's up in his room. No funny business you t-"

"Thank you." I said, ignoring her and rushing up his stairs. I took in a breath and placed my hand, that was going through an earthquake, on the doorknob. The cold metal calmed me down a bit. I twisted it slowly and watched as it opened, millimeter by millimeter.

A force pushed me onto the ground, that force was Louis himself.

"Babe! What are you doing here?" He questioned.

"Louis, I can't see you anymore."

"W-What?" His face of amusement changed drastically to depressed.

"We c-can't keep talking to each other. As much as it hurts me, I-it's what has to be done."

"H-Harry, you don't mean it, right?"

I nodded, knowing if I spoke, I'd break down in tears.

"P-Please, tell me you're lying."

"No Louis. I-I'm sorry."

"If you were sorry, you wouldn't hurt me like this! I love you Harry, more than anything, and I know you love me back, don't hide it! How could you Harry?! I thought w-we would be forever. Remember?" he exploded.

"Louis! I'm sorry. I-I'm sorry, okay? I love you, I love you more than you could ever think. But we can't do this anymore. P-Please, understand."

"Why are you being like this Harry?! I don't want you to go. I don't understand." He asked, calming down.

"I-I can't do it anymore. L-Louis, my mum, your mum, everyone says we can't be together."

"Prove them wrong! Is this a sick nightmare? Prove yourself wrong. I know that this isn't what you want to happen. I know. Harry, I know you better than you know yourself. Now, make up your mind. Calm down. Tell me how you really feel. Forget about Anne, Gemma, my mom; everyone dou-"

"I can't!" I snapped.

"Harry!" he snapped. "H-Harry, I know you don't want to do this. It's not their decision." he choked back his tears.

"It's ours. We can do whatever we want. We! You and me. We're one, Harry. You're mine and I'm yours. Forever...like you said. Like you promised." He reminded, burying his face in his hands as he sobbed.

"It's not that easy."

"It is, if you really love me." He sniffled, wiping his tears and gently slapping himself back into reality, although it most likely didn't feel like it.