Chapter 8; Birthday

Giyuu's pov
It's been a while since I've seen Rhea and she looks like she's gotten worse since she disappeared. I was laying in the grass staring at the stars. It's gotten awkward between us but I'm happy that this is happening though I don't really know how to express it.

I sensed that Rhea was asleep and I looked in her direction "Rhea? Are you awake". After she respond I slipped my hand in hers. I stare at her dirty haori "you really need a new one don't you"

I decided it was time to go back to my estate as I picked the sleeping girl into my arms hearing her soft snores. As I walked through the streets I couldn't help but wonder why Rhea was so angry at me I could sense it.

Before I knew it I was already at my estate. I sigh and open the door grabbing my extra futon and laying Rhea down. She looks uncomfortable almost as if she's lonely. I lay beside her sighing "It's been a while Rhea where have you been this whole time" I whisper to myself before falling into a deep slumber.

I woke up before daylight and felt something clutching me tightly. I looked down and saw Rhea. Right I forgot she spent the night I should make her breakfast, I usually don't eat but I don't want Rhea to be hungry. I got up and walked to the kitchen. Kanzaburou flew over to me a letter attached to his ankle landing on my shoulder. I opened the letter and glitter flew in my face and I knew sent me the letter. "Tengen goddamn you it's going to take forever to get the glitter out of my hair" I said out loud. I turned the attention to the letter. 

"Hey emo, I hope you're awake or doing whatever but today is a special day. IT'S TOKITO'S BIRTHDAY AND IF YOU DON'T COME I'LL CRUCIFY YOU FLASHILY ALSO BRING THE NEW HASHIRA SHE LOOKS HOT FROM WHAT I HEARD BRING FOOD/ALCOHOL, see you there from the flashy god Uzui Tengen"

I sigh and start cooking. I didn't have much so I made steamed rice with miso soup and pickled plums with some black tea. Rhea walked in the room she was tired but she was trying not to show it. "Good morning Rhea how'd you sleep?" Rhea took a seat on the floor rubbing her eyes. "I slept good I guess you shouldn't have taken me to your place but thank you I'll pay you for it." 

I deadpan "you don't have to do that, I do have a question though"  I was nervous to say the least "Rhea what happened between us, we were so close and don't hide this from me why are you made at me?" 

"You made me remember"

RHEA'S POV

"You made me remember" I glare at him "WHY DID YOU MAKE ME REMEMBER?" I slammed my hand on his small table, the burning fire spread throughout my hand and I sigh seeing the look on his face. "I'm sorry." He mumbled 

I sighed rubbing my eyes. "It's alright what are you making, also why is there glitter in your hair?" 

Giyu groaned in annoyance running his fingers through his hair. "Sorry this is so sudden but there's a hashira's birthday and I have to go to it." He looked concerned when he saw the judgmental look on my face 

"Why in the fuck is anyone going to a grown man or woman's birthday party especially a hashira's?" He deadpanned "He's 14." My face dropped all of the color disappearing. "How long has he been a hashira?" 

Giyu's face saddened "Almost 2 years now." I push away all of the sadness I'm feeling. I stand up and as I'm walking out his estate I call out. "I am going and getting that child some gifts this will be the best birthday of his life"

After spending 2 hours in town buying the kid gifts I go to my estate and see someone standing outside. I tilt my head in confusion and walk over seeing it was a man about 6' and he tore the sleeves off of his uniform to show off his muscles. He had many jewels and accessories, what a strange man. When he saw me coming he tried to put on a tough guy appearance.

"Why hello beautiful what are you doing here?" I tried not to gag in disgust as I kept walking pulling my keys out of my pocket but he spun me around and pinned me to my door. "Aren't you the new hashira it's rude to ignore your superiors you know?" I roll my eyes shoving him off of me. "That's correct but I am not about to act like you're superior to me when you smell like rotten tuna and you look like a gay garden gnome, but come close to me or touch my hips again and I'll cut your dick off and glue it to your forehead so you look like a lymphatic unicorn got it?" (get the reference?)

When I got to the party everyone was already there. I look around and see Shinobu and a girl with pink and green braided hair having drinks in a small living area so on my way to them I grab some vodka and join the conversation. "Hey Rhea, so how many times have you made Giyu cry since the last time I saw you?" Shinobu giggles then turns to the girl with her. "Rhea this is Mitsuri, Mitsuri this is Rhea." Mitsuri started fawning over my hair and begged me to let her do it. "Please Rhea-San I know really good hairstyles!!" 

I sighed knowing this will never end until I said yes. "Only if you get on your knees and beg." I joked but then I turned around and deadpanned when I actually saw her doing it! "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING GET UP!" Shinobu and Mitsuri looked confused with my reaction when Shinobu spoke up. "You told her to get on her knees and beg. Isn't that what I wanted?" I turned my back sighing. "Don't ever do that again not for me or anyone else do you understand?" I was being a little bit harsh but I will never let someone bow down to me, I've taken so many lives that killing Muzan one-thousand times wouldn't clean my blood. Mitsuri nodded apologizing profusely and I refill my drink and sit on the roof.

This was going to be a long night