003 | sweet sunset / lyrical moon

Your first day exploring Potenza began in Via Pretoria, a historical and busy shopping district, it was full of clothing, makeup, and jewelry shops. You spent some time in clothing stores trying to see what you could buy for her special occasion tonight- finally, you settled on a midi floral dress and pearl headpiece.

Buying clothing could be a challenge for you, as you often feel that your body type doesn't quite align with fashionable trends. You daydreamed about dressing up in outfits by designers like Miu Miu or Minju Kim but lacked the confidence to give them a try- hence, choosing this dress felt particularly significant, like taking the first step up a ladder.

You could not wait to get to the hotel room and dress up for dinner, as you had booked a reservation at Antica Osteria Marconi, a fancy restaurant specializing in Mediterranean food.

After getting to the hotel, you went straight to your room and started getting ready- taking a shower, curling your hair, and doing the tiniest bit of makeup. You put on your dress, admiring yourself in the mirror, it fitted like a glove- the gown's shape looked gorgeous on your body.

"Oh wow" You whispered. "This- oh, I have never looked this pretty." Your smile was huge. Your reflection was the pure image of happiness at that moment.

When you were ready, you took off to the restaurant, being grateful that this was a walkable city and that everything was so close together, this way, you would not need taxis. Your heels clicked against the cobblestone streets as you were looking for the restaurant- knowing you were there when the air filled with the pleasant aroma of brewed coffee. The hostess smiled and signaled for you to come inside, so she could prepare the table.

"Do you have a reservation?" The lady asked you while looking at the agenda she was carrying. You did not expect for the hostess to speak English, but you were also not mad about it- you will have more time to practice Italian.

"Yes, my name is Y/N." You said it shyly. "It is a table for one." You saw the hostess highlighting your name and got a menu from underneath the table.

"Welcome in, a server will be with you shortly." The lady said and started to walk alongside you to a table.

The restaurant is decorated beautifully- even the table has a lovely lace tablecloth and a vase with a few white lilies. The atmosphere is fresh and distinctive- even the lighting feels unique. You thought about how expensive and elegant this place felt, even spotting various people with designer purses in bag racks.

The server came, and you ordered smoked salmon, tiramisu, and coffee for dessert. The food came extremely fast, it was hot and smelled amazing- the first bite of the salmon was divine, it even melted in your mouth- the taste was creamy and lemony, and the food was so good.

As you patiently waited for the dessert, a distinct sound caught your ears- a girl was engaged in a fluent English conversation, but what made it interesting was the absence of an Italian accent, she seemed to be on a phone call. Could it be possible that she was the same girl the front desk lady had spoken of earlier?