𝐈

❛𝐀 𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓...𝐈 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐈𝐓.❜
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
oct. 14. 23.
the final selection arc

For he inhales deeply. His breathing chambers are overflowing with the biting, crisp sensation of the icy winter air.

He momentarily gasps for oxygen as the cold sears his keen nose and scorches the back of his throat.

Tanjiro's body begins to tremble uncontrollably as he feels the ice sensation seeping deep into his abdomen. Every inhalation feels difficult considering that he struggles against the weight of the icy air.

Although it may be uncomfortable, there is something thrilling about breathing in the crisp, clear air of winter that makes him think of the untamed power of nature.

Tanjiro Kamado.

Preaching his head high as he pushes the ruby hued strands of hair from his facial structure, he views the brightening sky from his heightened position on the mountain top.

He smiles, fighting the skin on his face, which froze at the touch of winter.

His feet move forward as he recognizes the journey home ahead. A cart strapped against his back, filled to the brim with coal.

The sun, shining bright with a welcoming aura of morning, beamed across his forehead as he continuously stepped forward carefully.

It was morning. An awakening dawn from an eerie night. Tanjiro found himself on the way home, his family requesting coal the night before.

He was begged to stay the night, much to his dismay, but he did regardless as he was told a tale of demons.

So, the auburn haired male stepped foot once more, exhaling the shrill of cold air as his nose pleaded for mercy.

A particular yet unrecognizable sent flirted amongst the wind. He couldn't bear it. A while of minutes away from home as he ventured through the thick, barring trees coated in snow.

He would be welcomed soon, by the touch of his loved ones and the comfort of their thankfulness.

He went through much, with the ache of his legs and the cold stripping his body of any warmth left. All to provide farther more warmth to his siblings at his residency.

Only to feel their enjoyment and love.

Home.

Tanjiro Kamado
was home.

The journey was one he was, of course, used to. He's ventured to town and back plenty of times.

But the feeling of arriving home and greeting your family is so crisp. He couldn't get enough. God, does he love them.

The scent he sourced through earlier hadn't disappeared. It was stronger. The closer he neared home, the more he whiffed in. It wasn't faint anymore.