𝐕

❛So....is the girl I'm interacting with a demon?❜

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
dec. 25. 23.
asakusa arc

Tanjiro Kamado.

Tanjiro kamado furrows his brows, his gentle expression being overtaken by one of intriguity. He tilts his head, his lips parted in disbelief and wonder.

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand." He comments, his kind eyes widened at Tamayo. He frowns.

"I apologize, sincerely." Lady Tamayo downed her head, moving her violet eyes to gather the details of her hemmed kimono. "This is moving too fast. I don't mean to trouble you with queries."

"No - no, it's fine." Tanjiro shakes his head to rid of his trembling voice. He felt obliged to question once more. He wanted much more to know, but observing Yushiro's eyes daring in warning, he couldn't ask.

So he let silence fill the empty void of the room.

Tanjiro's gaze flickered to his side - where nezuko wasn't swinging her feet anymore - but rather sitting nerve-racked and still.

The three children sat in patience as Lady Tamayo recomposes herself.

With her gleaming, sincere violet eyes swirling in struggle to string together her mindset, she calmly pats her kimono, her fingers swirling the stitches.

"Tanjiro..." She quietly muffled out.

He perks up, his eyes moving from Nezuko's to the uncomfortable strings of Lady Tamayo's - he could never read them.

"Yes, Lady Tamayo?" The red-haired teenager parts his lips.

It's too quiet in the room. Tanjiro can notice it, and he isn't fond of it.

She breaks it. As though to throw a hammer on cracked ice. To damage. To let the epochs of her voice embrace the air.

"Can I tell you a story?"

She asks.

A smile breaks on her lips.

He tilts his head.

A miniscule one - a rather painful one.

He observes.

"... Please." Tanjiro nods. Though determination stemmed from his blood vessels, his intriguity seemed to grow more.

"Her mother was a daring soul.

Peculiar.

Traditional.

Honored.

And most of all,

Cold.

Figuratively.