𝐈𝐈

❛It's that scent again...❜

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
oct. 15th. 23.
the final selection arc

Tanjiro Kamado.

Tanjiro navigated through the dense forest, his senses on high alert as he searched throughout the location of the final selection.

The air was thick with the scent of pine needles and damp earth, and the sound of rustling leaves filled his ears.

He moved swiftly and silently, his eyes scanning the underbrush for any signs of danger.

The mountain range of Mt. Fujikasane is in favor of Demon Slayers.

Their collections of low ranked demons are what inhabit the vast land of greenery.

Demons are unable to flee the mountain because wisteria is poisonous to them, and that is the barrier coating the rim of the mountain.

Tanjiro sniffles inward, a heavy smell he grew familiar with surfacing the surrounding grassy hills.

The scent of demons fluttered the air as he remained alert and at ill ease.

He steps forward, hearing shrill screams of panic occurring from other participants.

It'll be a long day.

Tanjiro, armed with only his sword, finds himself facing off against a massive demon.

How did he wind up here?

The demon stood across from his lane, and let's a snarky grin form against his green face.

Tanjiro furrows his brows.

A majority of the demons he has crossed since he stepped through the beautiful arch of purple flowers didn't carry such a sorrowful yet murderous, heavy scent as this one had.

His keen nose pointed upwards as he stared at the demon. His mind flashed to the individuals who helped him slash the boulder.

The two informed him of a monstrous demon roaming the lands of Mt.Fujikasane.

The demon who happened to take their lives.

Tanjiro frowns almost spontaneously as the thought flashes through his head.

A demon that took vegenance on its capture.

Sakonji Urokodaki.

He recalls the demons purpose.

To kill Tanjiro and all students under Mr.Urokodaki's lead.

Tanjiro stands his ground, despite the shiver of forewarning running down his back.

Perhaps it wasn't forewarning. The ground and aroma of air felt colder.

The demon's grin slowly grinds down a bit, a twitch of his lips as he licked them instead.

"A familiar coldness." He grumbles. A frown replacing the smirk that aligned his face before. "It's nothing." He reinforced into his brain.