𝐕𝐈𝐈

❛He deserves to meet his protector.❜
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

(Y/N) FUYUMI.

(Y/N) FUYUMI sat in a pitiful silence, her (h/c) colored hair was a deep color from the faint light pouring into her window, the rest of her mother's workplace unrevealed in the restraint of shadows.

the soft glow of light pouring through the tiniest crevice of her window's wooden blinds gave her insight on the time of day, which was unbeknownst to the reserved woman, sitting in isolation at a worn desk.

with softened eyes, even in the darkest pit of the study room, the female sitting in the shadows began to hum a soft and enchanting melody, the lullaby reverberating against the walls of her empty home, protected by nothing other than small wisteria essences.

(y/n) barely ever had to worry about demon's crossing her path, even though she was a young girl all alone in the depths of the night.

"mama, the logs are heavy to carry."

a frail, sickly elderly woman, though due to her youthful face she looked like a gentle lady who never ages, looked down at her huffing daughter.

"ohh (y/n).." she sang in a hushed tone, her playful yet caring eyes charming the child who looked up at her. "must I take another log from you? I'd dislike to burden your little arms with a loading weight."

mama preferred to use dislike rather than hate. she said that hatred was triggering. the word hate brought back back memories, and with bad memories came bad people.

the child's big eyes, painted a color of (e/c), gazed toward the heavy load in her mother's arms. her mama was a strong lady. even though she panted just the slightest, she turned to (y/n) with a closed eyed, generous smile, which reassured her through all worries.

"no mama, you have a lot to carry already." she dismisses, shaking her head gently as a tree's branch dropped clumps of snow on it. her short legs trudge through the thick layers of snow, kicking it out of her way.

"if it starts troubling you, let mama know, okay?" her mom asks gently, with the softest eyes of adoration. she giggles slightly as (y/n) shakes her head ferociously, attempting to get the clumps of snow out of it.

extending her clothed fingers, she shifts the burden of the logs weight over to her other arm despite the weight, swiping the snow from (y/n's) silky, and now damp hair.

"we're nearly there, it won't trouble you no longer."

the thing about lady fuyumi, was that she spoke in such an old fashioned way.

like her words were stripped from a poem, writing the air in a slick black ink, an elegant cursive.

"it's not troubling me. don't worry mama, im fine." sometimes, (y/n) tried to give the reassuring nature a shot. she'd borrow her mother's big words, though she stumbled over them, only to receive the tiniest chuckle in response.

"dishonesty?" her mothers soft voice cut through the air, a small smile sprawled across her face.

"it's okay to request help. there are occurrences where you need help, or you'll risk drowning, and with drowning comes suffocating." Her gaze is fixated toward the snowy sky, snowflakes kissing her (s/c) skin.