Chapter One: Our Meeting

It was pouring out tonight, the loud crashes of thunder was deafening to the point the woman's screaming was matched perfectly, her blood was bland but had a hint of sour to it. "Disgusting." I said dropping her corpse at my feet, I wiped the blood of my lips as I looked around making sure there wasn't any witnesses.

"Shadow!" I turned around barely in time to dodge a shot, I caught sight of a hedgehog with pink hair it was long and curly and she had emerald eyes that glared hatred for me, I didn't think she'd find me so soon. "You vampire! I'll kill you!" She yelled out shooting again, I jumped out of the way latching myself to the wall, "stay still!" I rolled my eyes as she shot again I should just get rid of her now. I jumped off the wall darting at her.

"Now!" She screamed ducking out of nowhere, I heard a loud click behind me, I was still in the air so I couldn't dodge in time when a loud bang was heard. A sharp pain was in my hip as I slammed against the wall, I gasped out looking over to see the girl laughing with Echidna! I grit my teeth glaring at them both as they walked over to me like a prize. "Finally! We got him!" She said hugging the Echidna he tried to get her off him.

This was my chance, I bolted once their eyes were off me! "Get him!" I heard them following close behind but I had to lose them! I turned going to a crowded street, "no!" I glared behind me as the Echidna grabbed my coat, I just slid it off before he could yank me back.

I fled into the crowd not blending well in with the blood coming out of my side, some people didn't notice since there was a event happening in town. I turned seeing them trying to get through the people to me, "excuse me" I turned to a man who was holding my shoulder, "are you okay?! What happened?" I looked down to my bloody hip before looking back at the man, "Sorry.." I muttered before grabbing him biting into his neck, some people nearby noticed and started screaming making everyone around confused.

"No!" I pulled away throwing the man to them before bolting again. I drank enough blood to heal the visible wound but I could still feel the bullet inside, I need to get it out! I kept running until I couldn't anymore, the lack of blood was getting to me I was hungry...

The rain seemed to only feel heavier on my shoulders as I stumbled down onto the ground, I wasn't too far from the town but If I stayed here they would definitely catch up. I groaned trying to get up, "dammit.." I said forcing the last of my strength to get up, I walked down this dirt trail that lead to this huge mansion I stared at it as it reminded me of one I used to live in. I limped towards the door before knocking, there wasn't an answer, there was lights on inside so I presumed someone lived here. After some time I got impatient and started banging on the door, whoever it was I was sure to slit their throat! 

"I'm sorry!! I'm coming!" I heard a voice coming from the other side, I felt my knees get weaker trying to stay standing. "Hello- oh, who are you?" I looked up to see a blue hedgehog open the door, he wore a white buttoned up shirt with a black vest over it, "I'm..." I tried to speak but finally it all hit me at once, I fell down trying to catch myself on the door but the blue hedgehog caught me instead, "wow! Are you okay? Come inside, hurry it's cold out!" The blue hedgehog helped me inside, I was to weak to attack him right now, I'll do it later.

He dragged me to nice living room, everything looked expensive. "Here, sit here! Let me get you a towel." He said sitting me down on his couch before running off, I sat there looking to my bloodied clothes showing as if I was hurt but since there's no wound I was worried he'd imminently know what I am. I couldn't stand but I used bit of my strength to take off my shirt, "here! I got you- wow! What are you doing!?" I looked over to see the blue hedgehog cheeks blush a warm red, I stared at him confused on why he's even flushed, "p-put your shirt on!" He said handing me a white towel, I stared at it.