One

Hannah's POV

To say I grew up with everything handed to me on a silver spoon is a bit of an understatement, it is more like a platinum spoon with a diamond encrusted handle. If I want something, I get it. I have never really heard the word no.

At first, my parents were just attorneys. Well... not just attorneys. My father was the best prosecutor on the East Coast. He never lost a case. Most defendants would plea guilty the moment they found out my father was assigned to their case. That is just the Briggs way. This family doesn't lose.

Because of my father's impressive skills in court and extensive knowledge of the state and country's laws, it wasn't much of a surprise when the president appointed him to Supreme Court Justice. That is exactly what he wanted, so my father charmed his way into politics to get that position.

My mother was never the court going kind of lawyer. She was in mergers and acquisitions. That is just a fancy title for closing deals with companies. Mom was a total shark. She could make grown men crumble at her feet and close a multi billion dollar deal all before lunch time.

When mom saw my father living the high life rubbing elbows with Washington's finest, well she wanted in on the action. She ran for Senate and like it said, the Briggs don't lose. Mom has been a force to be reckoned with on Capitol Hill. She took over the Senate's judiciary committee pretty quickly and she serves on the ethics committee as well.

Next in line in the Briggs family, my big brother, George Thomas Briggs, but I call him Georgie. You could really see the aspirations my parents had for him the second he came out of my mom. He is named after our dearest founding fathers, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson.

Big Georgie is definitely living up to those aspirations too. He is in his second year at Georgetown Law School and is interning at the White House... I know such an over achiever. He is the damn golden child because he is living up to the dreams mommy and daddy had for him. He is such a suck-up. He always behaves and does what he is told. He will make a great politician... he can't have an original thought.

So that leaves me, Hannah Briggs, the complete opposite of my family. While Georgie went off to a nice Ivy League school, I went to a good party school down South. Of course there was a condition to me going to a school far away from my parents, I had to live in my Sorority House. My Sorority House had an adult that stayed there, strict rules about boys, and a curfew, but I made the most of it.

I majored in political science in college because my parents threatened to pull me out if I didn't. I graduated top of my class, but it wasn't like it was hard. The school I went to was not particularly challenging. Professors did not expect much from us because they knew we were hungover most of the time, so my work always had them somewhat baffled.

I was used to top tier education. I went to an elite private school in D.C. and had an impressive list of tutors, Senior Flight Director from NASA tutoring me in math and science, a French Consulate tutoring me in French, former Cabinet members and Senators tutoring Government and Economics, New York Times bestselling authors and major television reporters tutoring me in English... you get the picture. So naturally college was easy.

My parents paved the way for me to be the best lawyer I could be, but that is not what I wanted. I could not bring myself to go down that path. I see how it effects my parents and I couldn't do that to myself. My parents were rarely ever home when I was growing up. On vacations, they spent the whole time screaming at their phones and going through paperwork. I was raised by a series of nannies and bodyguards, but never by my parents.