Chapter 4 - All In A Day's Work

4

I was laying down face first in bed, sprawled out as I started to hear shuffling around the room first and soft-typing as warm sunlight shined on my face. I blinked a little, smacking my dry lips together as I started to wake up, squinting my eyes open before blinking tightly again and reaching up, brushing my hair out of my face as I started to sit up on my elbows. I opened one eye as I furrowed my brows together as I looked back and saw Sam's blurry figure sitting at a nearby table with his laptop, a focused look on his face as he scrolled through all the research.

I took in a deep breath, starting to turn and sit up when Sam finally noticed I was awake, looking back and smiling softly, "Good morning, sleepyhead."

I slumped forward as the covers bundled under my arms, making a face and squinting at Sam through tired eyes, "How long-"

I suddenly realized my voice was low and raspy, clearing my throat and shaking my head when Sam laughed a little, "You look... Rested?"

I started to smile halfway, shaking my head and looking down at my white tee and blue plaid pajama pants, "I don't even remember falling asleep? Or... Dreaming? Now that I think about it?"

I started to get out of bed, yawning a little as Sam gestured towards the nightstand, "Your heart attack in a cup is on the nightstand. It's not Starbucks, but there's a coffee shop in the lobby. I thought it'd be close enough?"

I stopped, glancing back and seeing a clear cup of iced coffee with whipped cream and an inch of caramel settling at the bottom sitting on the nightstand, bringing a wide smile to my face.

I stopped, looking back and laughing, "You actually got me coffee this morning? How long have you guys been awake?"

I then stopped, looking back and realizing Dean was gone when I shook my head, "Wait, where's Dean? You guys didn't start without me, did you?"

Sam hesitated, shrugging when I let out a short sigh, "It's okay, I guess I needed the sleep? But I'm not here to be babysat, I'm here to help."

"I know. Dean was just grabbing breakfast, and then we were gonna go over the details of the case. It's okay, we were just getting settled in, you didn't miss anything."

I nodded, letting out a long breath and shaking my head, "I'm gonna go take a shower..."

Sam nodded, going back to his laptop as I grabbed my bag and the coffee, heading through the door when I stopped myself, smirking a little as I looked back, "Don't be alarmed if the lights start to go a little haywire while I'm in here."

Sam stopped, raising his eyebrows a little as I smirked, shrugging, "You're not the only one who gets a little horny in the morning."

I took a big sip of coffee with a smirk and left the room, closing the door behind me as Sam looked back down at his laptop, letting out a short laugh and shaking his head, trying to shake it off and focus again, clearly getting a little flustered, "Get a hold of yourself, Sam..."

*

A little while later, I had finished getting dressed and doing my makeup, wearing a cut off black Led Zeppelin t-shirt with the sleeves removed, showing off my black lacy bra from the side, torn-up light wash jean shorts with black tights and my hair still a little damp with a cat-eye and dark red lips.

I opened the bathroom door and stepped out with a big smile on my face as I took in a deep breath and let out a short sigh, "Today's gonna be a good day. I can feel it."