Chapter 7 - Tiny & Annoying

7

Sam and Dean were both standing outside of room '412' as they used the stolen keycard to open the door and slip inside, Sam looking back at me who was still wearing the gray hoodie and sipping quietly on my iced coffee and letting out a short laugh, "Come on, we gotta be quick before anyone notices."

I stepped inside, looking around the slightly larger room at the king-sized bed and raised my eyebrows, "Huh... I expected it to be bloodier?"

I started to sit on a chair when Dean stopped me, giving me a look, "Don't touch anything. This is still an active crime scene, we can't leave anything behind here."

I stopped, holding my coffee closer to my chest and looking down, "Sorry."

Sam looked back, shaking his head, "It's okay. Just... Stay there."

Dean got out his EMF meter, starting to scan the bed first as Sam got out a camcorder, starting to scan the room quickly and silently.

I stood in the corner of the room, getting a little bored as I started to sip on my coffee and make slurping noises, Dean looking back at me with his eyebrows raised when I stopped, "Sorry."

I started to slowly step around the room, still seeing take-out left on the table with a few beer bottles and shrugged, "Is there anything I can do?"

Sam stopped, looking back at me and letting out a breath as he shrugged, "You can be the lookout? I promise, we won't be that long."

I shrugged, looking back down at the couch and shook my head, "No, that's okay. Like I said, you don't have to worry about babysitting me. Even if I do look like a toddler with a sippy cup right now..."

Dean walked around the room, scanning everything with the EMF meter as he let out a laugh, shaking his head, "What are you talking about, Cat? If it wasn't for you, we might have never found the lead on that big ass tree... God knows how Sammy missed it?"

Sam stopped, glancing back and shook his head as he started to head into the bathroom, "I didn't miss it, I just... Didn't see the connection?"

I smiled softly, looking back at Dean as I went over to the king-size bed, "Do we know for sure if the tree has got something to do with all of this?"

Dean shrugged, "Bobby thinks it could be some kind of tree spirit, or elemental? Maybe even an ancient tree deity? Once we find out where the tree is from, we should know more..."

I stopped, raising my eyebrows as I noticed something on the bed, catching my eye as my voice trailed off, "Deities are... real...?"

I leaned forward, touching the spot of black on the pillow when suddenly it was like my mind was transported back in time, seeing the man take off his glasses and get into bed, pulling up the covers and turning out the lights. He was turned over in bed when just then he started to shiver, pulling up the covers when he started to see his own breath and become panicked.

He laid back on his back when then his eyes froze on something on the ceiling, causing me to look up and see an incredibly large, round woman with stringy, long black hair and black eyes as black goo ran down her chin, her skin pale and almost bluish. She then attacked him before he could get a scream out, falling on him and sitting on his chest, starting to crush him with her enormous weight as he started to choke and scream as his eyes rolled back.

"Cat!"

I pulled back with a gasp, looking back and seeing Sam standing in front of me, "What's wrong? You were saying something and then you were just standing there?"