Chapter 8 - Destiny

8

It was now almost dawn as Dean sat sideways, taking up the entire front seat as Sam and I sat in the backseat, Sam still working tirelessly to find out a way to kill the tree spirit.

I started to feel myself slipping, finally sitting up and pulling off the hoodie, "Alright, this thing is way too comfortable."

I sat it in the seat beside me, Sam looking back and letting out a soft sigh, "I'm sorry, I'm working as fast as I can."

I nodded, leaning back in the seat again and rubbing my face, "I know..."

I then noticed Dean starting to doze off when I swatted his arm, "Dean."

He flinched a little, sitting up in the seat with a tired expression on his face, "I'm up."

He then stopped, grabbing his arm and grimacing a little, "Ow..."

I made a face, giving him a look, "It wasn't that hard, don't be a baby."

Dean glared back at me, shaking his head, "I'm not being a baby. I've seen you bench almost twice what Sam can bench, so try to pull your punches a little, will you?"

I stopped, letting out a sigh and looking down, "Sorry..."

Sam let out another sigh, closing his laptop and rubbing his tired eyes, "I gotta use the can. Try not to kill each other while I'm gone?"

Sam opened the door, stepping out of the car as I smirked to myself, waiting until the door was closed and looking over at Dean, "Baby."

"Bully."

I laughed quietly, pulling out my phone and saw that it was now just after five in the morning and let out a long sigh, leaning my head back in the seat and feeling the most bored I had felt in my life. I stared at one spot on the beige roof of the interior, slowly feeling myself start to doze off, trying and failing to keep my eyes open. I shook my head, trying to shake myself awake when I finally couldn't help it anymore, sitting still in the seat as my mind started to wander back to the office I had spent so much time in as a young girl.

I saw the porcelain dolls first, with their shiny curly hair and frilly dresses, their glass eyes staring at me from the shelves and filling me with dread. I then started to see his face, the middle-aged man with quaffed brown hair and silver streaks on the side behind his ears, with the glare on his silver wire-frame glasses obstructing the view of his cold, dead eyes but knowing he could still see me.

I then felt my surroundings change, the air becoming colder and feeling the familiar icy-cold leather of the large brown couch. I kept my eyes closed, now fully conscious as my heart started to race, not wanting to open my eyes since I knew exactly where I was.

"Oh my- how did you get in here?"

I then felt a wave of burning hatred wash over me, darkness filling my chest as I opened my eyes and looked over to the desk to see the doctor sitting in his chair with a terrified expression on his wrinkly face.

I slowly sat up, standing to my feet as I glared at him, knowing he was the same monster in a suit he was so many years ago even with graying hair and plastic rimmed glasses that showed just how much he had aged.

His breath started to shake, gripping onto the armrests of his leather chair, "Who- who are you?"

I stepped in front of his desk, leaning down on the edge and staring him down, "You don't recognize me? I'm a little surprised..."