Fury or Forgiveness

I met Remus at the Great Hall doors Sunday after lunch as promised. Dressed in a simple pair of jeans and a cardigan I smile when I see him approach. He really looks much healthier and the prospect of him becoming a dad has given him a new life to his features.

"Ready to go?" he asks pulling me in for a hug.

"Yup! Let's go! I haven't seen Dora and Andromeda in ages" I reply as I feel the apparition pull in my stomach. Next, I know we are outside Andromeda's place.

"Remus! Mia! Glad you too could make it! Please come in," Andromeda opens the door before we are even up the stairs. We follow her into the sitting room, and she gives us each a hug before sitting down. Remus and Dora sit together on the sofa and after some kisses from the husband and wife we settle into conversation.

"How are you doing Mia?" Dora asks.

"I should be asking you that question?" I smile as she looks at Remus and then puts a hand on her stomach.

"I am sorry Dora, I told her after the matching announcement." Remus defended himself.

"No love its ok I am not mad! Mia is like your daughter, and she is family so its ok. I am just surprised you told her already. I am glad you did though," Dora states.

Andromeda looks over at me inquisitively. Despite looking so similar to Bellatrix she bears none of the harshness in her features. She casts a warm and welcoming glow around her, and you can tell she is friendly. She looks at me before asking, "How are you doing being engaged to my former brother-in-law?"

I start stammering and Remus fills me in, "Andromeda was here when the minister came by to tell me about your match before the start of term. He felt I should know as I will be more level-headed than Sirius and as a teacher would be sworn to secrecy anyways until they released the information publicly."

"Don't worry Mia I won't tell your godfather until he is informed by the ministry." Andromeda smiled at me from her chair.

"Honestly, I am pissed off. I show up to the manor in good faith and he has the audacity to show me a contract that states he can have total control over all things financial and even dumb things like my clothes! It's ridiculous and so high-handed!" I rant from my chair.

Dora and Remus are stifling smiles for fear of earning my ire. Andromeda smiles knowingly and nods.

"He is a pure blood and it's how they expect things to be," She quickly continues noticing I'm about to continue ranting, "Doesn't mean he was correct, but he has gone through awful things and having no control over this law is probably forcing him to try to scramble for control. I only ask that you calm down and try to be the loving empathetic self you can be. Whether we agree or not he will be your husband and you deserve to find some form of happiness dear"

"I am being forced into a family when all I wanted was one of my own and even now, I don't get that!" I say standing to go look out the window at the garden.

Remus looks after me half hurt and half confused at the implication that I have no family. Andromeda shakes her head at him and comes to join me.

"You know you have a family here with us." She states.

I sigh and look at her showing my tear-filled eyes before saying, "For now I do."

"Do you honestly think Remus is going to abandon you when he and Dora have their child?" She questions and my silence answers more than any words could. Remus goes to stand to talk to me, but Dora pulls him back down. She can tell this is a topic I have avoided sharing until now, so she lets her mother talk to me.