Chapter Sixteen: Agony of the Witch

I'm @cowboyalchemist on Discord. Come on over to chat and discuss ideas. If you want an invite to join my Discord server, you only have to ask me.

AN: You wanna know what grinds my gears? People who can't use punctuation in their review. Where the hell did you get your first-grade education from? A cereal box? I cannot stress this enough: use punctuation! Seriously, it's not that hard to put commas and periods! I know I'm mostly ranting, but COME ON! It's not that hard! If it doesn't have punctuation, I'm not reading it, even if it's an idea you have!

Not you guys on Ao3 and Wattpad. You guys are great. You shine bright like a diamond.

Sorry for the little rant. Let's get into this long-awaited story.

On the Boiling Isles, there was no place that all Wild Witches feared more than The Emperor's Castle.

As the flags bearing the sign of the Emperor's Coven flew over the structure, a group of Wild Witches was being brought across the drawbridge on a paddy wagon. Following their discovery, the most recently defeated rebel group had engaged the Emperor's Coven in battle but were no match for their overwhelming force. Now, they looked resigned to their fate. Knowing that they were never going to see their friends and families again. A terrible fate for only doing what they believed was right.

As fire exploded out of the castle's chimney, Lilith watched the procession from atop the castle walls, then turned and headed inside. She felt nothing for them. They chose to defy the Emperor's teachings and practice wild magic.

"All Wild Witches deserve what's coming to them," she said as she walked down the hallway.

"Does that include our sister?" Lilith's eyes widened when she heard a young girl's voice. Turning around, she saw her younger self's reflection in a mirror on the wall. Looking at her with her naturally fluffy and orangish-red hair.

"I don't know why someone decided to place a mirror there, but I promise I'm going to make sure they take it down," she said, turning away from her reflection.

"Just like how you promise never to hurt your sister?" said her younger self. "And what about the Seventh Son? You know hurting him will make her even more angry."

"...I don't want to talk to you anymore," Lilith said, walking away. "Whatever you are."

A moment later, Lilith approached a stained glass window of Emperor Belos, robbing witches bowing at his feet while a Hand of the Titan reached for the sun behind them.

Belos wasn't just the ruler of the Boiling Isles for no reason. He was the most powerful and benevolent of all witches, who saved them from the corruption of wild magic. But most of all, he was her only hope for a cure for Edalyn. What would it cost? Her sister was to be brought to him, along with the son of a man she once loved. For what purpose? Lilith didn't know, and she didn't care. All that mattered to her was taking back her sister and righting the wrongs she'd done.

Lilith said to the Belos of the stained glass, "I haven't forgotten what you've promised me. I will bring you my sister and the boy, Emperor Belos."

"Then why the delay?" said a voice.

Lilith turned around in surprise. "Kikimora!"

Despite most of her face being hidden, the little witch looked at the Clawthrone sister with superiority. "The Day of Unity is fast approaching, and other teams have bound many rogue witches to covens, yet the Owl Lady and the Seventh Son still roam free," Kikimora said. "Are you... protecting them?"