Chapter 12- The idea

Luke's pov:

We had spent the entire week preparing for the wedding. The first day me and Han went shopping for robes while Leia looked for a dress. Me and Han tried on quite a few robes (quite awkwardly) but then eventually we both settled on some. Mine we a dark beige with deep green detailing. Han's... we're what he would usually wear but with more pizazz.

The robes now hung up in the wardrobe of our hotel room. Leia had organised a beautiful venue for the reception, a beautiful garden, and had organised catering and everything else. She really had thought of everything.

The next day was spent flying guests out in a hurry, of course a few couldn't make it but it was understandable. There were some senators, some friends and obviously plus ones. Leia had asked me if I wanted a plus one but I can't really say 'your husband' can I?

The third day was spent buying decorations and sorting out a cake. Han had tried to help Leia with everything but he really didn't help all that much and she confided in me instead. We had decided on a green and white theme for the venue and the cake they had commissioned was beautiful.

The next days were all spent finalising details, celebrating and relaxing. Eventually it all led up to tonight, the night before the wedding. Leia and Han were still sleeping in separate rooms but this time for tradition.

I hung my suit up while Han lay on the bed, "What are we going to do?" Han groaned.

"You have to marry Leia, simple." I said trying not to break out into tears.

"But I cant! I am betraying her, myself and you! I don't love Leia, I never did!" He yelled hiding his face under the covers.

My eyes widened and I slowly turned to face the bed, "You don't love Leia?" I queried.

He poked his head out and shook it, "I never did. Well at least I don't think I did. I was just in love with the idea of Leia, the idea of having someone, the idea of being with a princess."

I slowly made my way towards him and lay down next to him, nose to nose, and pulled he covers over me as well. "Talk to me." I said.

He rested his forehead against my chest and his muffled voice said, "I cant cancel this wedding now, I'm going to have to get married to Leia and live a life of lies. I will never be truly happy because I am not with you." He held my hand under the sheets, "But the worst bit about it is that I have decided Leia. I have lied to her and without her knowledge hurt her. She doesn't even know how much I've hurt her!"

I nodded empathetically, "Well I suppose you have to accept it now. You have to get over me, these feelings will pass. You will realise that it was all just a little phase anyway." I tried to reassure him.

"But it want!" He pulled me in closer, "I have loved you since the day I met you Luke!"

This shocked me. My eyes widened but instead of responding I just said, "Get some sleep Han. You have to get married in the morning." I said with a sad smile as I watched him nod and relax his body.

I watched as he drifted off into his dreams and my eyes threatened tears. I didn't like how this was all making him feel and it was all my fault. Because I couldn't just stay away from him for one moment he now has ten times the stress in his life.

I had to do something about it. When he was in a deep sleep I slowly pulled myself out of the comfort of the bed and Han and pulled on some shoes. I walked down the corridors until I reached Leia's room. Room 56.

I took a deep breath in and knocked on the door. Within a few seconds Leia pulled the door open slowly rubbing her eyes and yawning. She shook herself awake when she saw my face, "Luke? What are you doing here it's..." she checked the time on the clock, "twelve in the morning?"

I looked down at the floor in shame, "We need to talk Leia."

763 words

Oooo cliff hanger. But not really because im writing the next chapter right now soooo....

I do promise the whole thing gets more morally sound btw!