Chapter 16

I sat up as my alarm went off the next morning, and immediately turned it off. I didn't even need that stupid clock; I didn't get any sleep after what Foxy did that night, so I was already awake, anyway.

Foxy, on the other side of the room, sat up and yawned, before turning his head to me. "Mornin', Bon."

"Good morning Foxy..."

"...Are ye okay? Ye still look tired...not like yer eye's helpin' much."

I had almost forgotten about my new black eye. "Yeah...I didn't sleep much after the whole incident last night..."

His small grin faded as he began to rub the bandages on his arm. He didn't say much after that until I walked over to him.

"Foxy?"

"Yes, laddie?" His ears twitched slightly.

I put my hand onto his. "I want you to promise me that you'll never hurt yourself again."

He stared into my eyes a while, his hazy scarred eye piercing into my mind, as if he was contemplating something. He was so handsome up close, and I was tempted to wrap my arms around him and envelope him in a kiss. As soon as I began to think this, he looked down for a while, almost as if he could read my thoughts.

He eventually sighed, and with a smile, looked back up at me. "I promise." He hugged me again; he's been doing that a lot lately, but it's understandable.

We had been hugging for a while when I realized I was only in my boxers. I hesitantly pushed him away before a certain "little buddy" decided to show my excitement at the contact.

"C'mon, let's get ready for class."

----------

At lunch that day, when we had all stepped outside, I was busy explaining where my cast and black eye had come from.

"Wait wait wait," Freddy said, "you of all people tried to fight Marshal? That dude's bigger than me!"

"He was being mean to Foxy."

"Aye. Tis true."

The white fox who we had befriended on Thanksgiving was staring at Foxy's arm.

"Something wrong Vixie?" Carly asked.

Vixie pointed at Foxy's arm without saying a word.

"Is something wrong with your arm, Foxy?" Chica asked.

Foxy pulled the sleeve down more than it already had been. He had chosen to wear a long-sleeve shirt to cover the bandages "No. Me arm's fine."

Vixie shook her head.

"Does she ever talk?" I asked Toby.

"Nope. She doesn't need to, she's always quiet like this."

"Stop it." Foxy said as Vixie continued to observe his arm.

"Foxy, just pull up your sleeve and let us see your arm." Freddy said.

"Why're y'all so interested in me arm?"

"Vixie can tell when something's wrong. So if she says something's wrong with your arm, then she's probably right." Ted explained.

"But me arm is fine!"

"Why are you being so defensive?" Spring questioned. "Just pull up your sleeve. Let us see."

Foxy looked at me, worry evident in his eyes. He slowly pulled his sleeve up, revealing the bandages on his arm.

"What happened?" Gold asked, concerned.

Foxy whimpered. "Eh...w-well..."

"Foxy tried to help me fight Marshal. He had a knife and managed to cut Foxy a few times." I lied and looked at Foxy. "Right?"

He hesitated before nodding with a nervous smile. "A-Aye. It be nothin', really."

"Hello again, losers."

"Speak of the devil and he shall come..." I muttered.

Marshal walked up and chuckled. "Telling your little group of buddies about how I kicked your asses?"

"Shut up." Foxy said.

"Why should I, you little twerp?" Marshal raised his fist, a scowl on his face.

Foxy took a quick step back, stopping next to me. His face was a mixture of hatred and fear, directed toward the tiger in front of us.

"Leave us alone, Marshal." Freddy said.

"What if I don't wanna? That thought ever cross your lousy excuse of a mind, Frederick?"

Freddy growled and threw a punch at Marshal, who effortlessly grabbed the incoming fist. He kicked out at Freddy, hitting him in the gut. Freddy stumbled back a step, and glared at Marshal.

"Pathetic." He said. "All of you are just pathetic." He turned and started to walk away.

"That wasn't very nice of him..." Jeremy mumbled.

"Why can't he get it through his thick skull that being a douchebag doesn't make him cool?" Mike stated.

"I don't care what he thinks," I said as I wrapped an arm around Foxy, "Just as long as he keeps his distance from Foxy. Next time, I'll make sure I knock a few of his teeth loose."

--------------------

Sorry about the rather uneventful chapter. I've been busy with other stuff, so I wasn't able to work on it much.