4

Chapter

Truvy

On Monday nights I usually get home around 8 from practice and dinner with the squad. Tonight I was a few minutes late and worried my mom was going to be pissed at me when I opened the front door at 8:25. Once she was so mad she made me do 100 push-ups. My mom might look like a Barbie, but she was a lieutenant in the army before she started the clothing line called Sweets and she was scary.

I shut the door and was impressed she wasn't screaming at me already. From the back of the house I heard voices and sharp laughter that made me still. I knew that laugh all too well. I'd spent all weekend trying to get it out of my head.

Why the fuck was Jamez at my house?

"What's going on?" I asked, entering my larger than life kitchen that was big enough for a small table and a dining table at the other end.

"Oh, hi, honey. Your friends dropped by to explain about the video clip I saw of you earlier. I'm sorry those girls at school teased you so badly about coming out, honey. Why didn't you talk to me about this before? If I'd known someone was bullying you simply because you're gay I would have advised you against telling anyone anything of the sort. They did the same to me when I came out. Why do you think I'm so secretive now?"

I blinked and blinked again. "Yeah. Apparently it is a secret because I didn't know that."

My mom frowned. "What? How could you not know? My girlfriend lives here. Are you really that self absorbed?"

I thought about who could be her girlfriend. I pulled my face back in a half grimace.

"Sindy?"

"Yeah, that's the one. The hell is wrong with you? We sat down and had a long talk last summer about her moving in. Then she moved in, you never said a word to her. Not in the entire time she's lived here until the other day when you ordered her around to go outside for some reason. What was that about?"

I gasped. "You sat me down and said, Child Sindy is moving in. She's going to cook and clean and stuff. Try not to bother her or I when we are alone-" My words trailed off.

When we are alone in my room. It's rude to interrupt. Is what she'd said.

"Holy shit, I'm a moron." I said out loud. "Dude, no lie I thought you were being a bitch like always and were just going to spank her something. I thought it was weird as fuck. And some girlfriend you are. The other day I came home and she was scrubbing the floor and complained about you making her use ammonia and then bleach. Gross and bad for the lungs. So yeah I told her to go outside and breathe. She was dying, mother."

My mom laughed so hard she snorted. She held on to her stomach as Sindy walked into the room looking guilty as sin.

"I panicked. You never talked to me and you asked what was wrong. That wasn't tomato sauce on the floor and I had to use two cleaners because I was afraid you'd see it and ask what it was and I made up a lie. I know you think I'm the hired help. You mumble it all the time under your breath and try to help me thinking your mom is abusive. It's hilarious so I kept it going. I, uh, I'm sorry."

"What was on the floor?" I asked not sure if I should ask, but the fuck?

Sindy lowered her head. "Bodily fluids of the female variety."

"I don't know what that means, but I-"

"Damn, that's fucking cool. One of them is a squirter. I should have never come here. I'm never going to get the image of hot Barbie milf fucking hotter Barbie milf now." Amber said with a heavy sigh.