3

Chapter

Jamez

When I got home from the club I paced my bedroom floor back and forth. My single dad, who raised me without my mom because she was a dead beat, was passed out drunk on the couch. He only drank on Fridays which was why I normally went out on Fridays. To avoid his rages. I was glad he was out like a log snoring because I could ignore him easier.

He and I didn't get along when he was drunk because he liked to get handsy. Not in a pervy way, but in a violent way. It's why I started fighting at the gym with Darius. He was my personal trainer for the last 18 months and I'd like to think one of the only people that actually gave a shit about me. He was friends with my Uncle Zed too, so that helped get me in his doors in the first place. Now I was his prized fighting machine and I could kick my dad's ass. Yay. But all that badassery didn't matter when I was having a girl problem like I was right now.

Truvy Collins was proving to be a real problem for me.

I looked down at my phone knowing I had the power to destroy her in my hands. It made me feel so magisterial that I felt like I could fly from the high I was on. The question was, would I use the video to bring the queen bee down?

I sat on the end of my bed, biting the end of my thumb and watched it for the first time.

I lost my mind today. That's all there was to it. When she attacked me I lost my ever loving fucking mind. It was that word that did it. That stupid awful one word that made me so mad I had to attack her back. That being said I still didn't know if this was the right decision.

Zoya, bless her heart, was so mad that her fling with Truvy was over because of a boy that she'd agreed to help me once I told her what the lead cheerleader did to me. So, while I was making out with Truvy. Zoya filmed the whole thing from up top by standing on the toilet in the opposite stall and Truvy never saw her because I was blocking the view. In fact it's a backwards shot of me and you can't even tell who I am. All you see is Truvy definitely making out with someone and cheating on Darren.

I grunted sending the video to Amber. I got her number from Truvy's phone. Turns out Amber was an asshole, but she was the nicest asshole and wouldn't know who gave her the video. I was going to give it to her and see what she did with it. That took me out of the equation. Plus, who in their right mind would out themselves just for revenge? Yeah, that'd be me. Ugh.

I felt like a piece of shit, throwing myself back against my comfy bed. My phone chimed and I looked at it.

Amber: yo, that's mad shit right there. Who is this?

Me: doesn't matter. Just thought your brother, Darren might want to know what's been going on with his girl.

Amber: Yeah, I'm sure he would. Thanks, whoever you are.

I'm sure that Truvy didn't plan that one out very well. What a moron she was for fucking with me. Yet, I felt awful for this whole thing now. I'd never really been this mad. Or bullied anyone before. But Monday morning when I got to school and someone had written the word, that horrible word, on my locker I knew I had to do something about this.

Voices and giggles from all around surrounded me, but most of them were coming from kids staring at their phones. I looked down and got the same school alert that they had. Amber or Darren had sent her video and it was going viral. I didn't want to be happy about that, but looking at my locker I secretly was. Especially when my eyes looked down the hallway and Truvy and a girl with brown hair, probably the girl from the bathroom, were dropping spray cans into the trash can. I shook my head watching her as she checked her phone.