**✿❀ Chapter 7 ❀✿**

The rest of the school year flew by, and it was nearly the end of the year. Ron, Harry and Hermione were running around a lot trying to find stuff out but I never got involved. That was all until this morning. I was eating breakfast with Harry and Ron, when Hermione came rushing in. She mentioned something about a stone and that they had to go to Hagrid's immediately.

"Wait the what stone?" I asked

"The philosophers stone" Hermione whispered "It's a legendary substance with astonishing powers. The Stone will transform any metal into pure gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal."

"And we're trying to get it before Snape gets it so he can give it to you-know-who" Harry added

"H-he's back?" I asked, a shudder going down my spine. The trio nodded. "Shit"

"Exactly, and that's why we have to get to Hagrid's" Hermione said, we all got up except Ron who was stuffing as much pancakes in his face as possible. "Come on  Ronald!" She said as she dragged him up by his arm.

***

We approached Hagrid's hut to him playing the flute.

"Hagrid!" Harry said, hurriedly "Who gave you the dragon egg? What did he look like?"

"I dunno." Hagrid said "I never saw his face. He kept his hood up."

"This stranger, though, you and he must have talked." I said

"Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told 'im. I said, "After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem." " Hagrid said
"Did he seem interested in Fluffy?" Ron asked
"Well, o' course he was interested in Fluffy. How often do yeh come across a three-headed dog, even if yer in the trade?" Hagrid started "But I told 'im. I said, "The trick with any beast is to know how to calm 'im. Take Fluffy, for example. Jus' play him a bit o' music and he falls straight to sleep."... I shouldn't have told you that." We all shared a look and ran off to Mcgonagall's office, Hagrid was shouting after us in the distance but we kept running.
When we got there, Mcgonagall was marking some papers. We asked her to see professor Dumbledore immediately. She told us that he was out in London seeing the Minister of Magic. 
"Why are you all in such a hurry to see him?" Mcgonagall asked 

"We know about the philosophers stone!" We all said in unison

"And we think someone's trying to steal it!" Harry added

Mcgonagall put down her quill and looked at us sternly "I don't know how you four found out about the Stone, but I assure you it is perfectly well protected. Now would you go back to your dormitories? Quietly." We left her office, annoyed and began walking down the corridor.

"Look, if we can't get any help from Mcgonagall or Dumbledore, then we're going to have to do it ourselves" Harry said "We're going to go through that trapdoor...tonight."

*** 

I was waiting for the trio outside the Gryffindor common room, they were taking ages to leave and I was on the lookout for Filch and his cat. It felt like hours had passed and I was thinking about just going, but they walked out just as I was about to go. 

"Sorry, we had to get past Neville" Ron whispered

"Makes sense. How did you get past him?" I asked, Hermione just waved her wand in response to me "Ah, got it"

"Come on, we need to go. Huddle up" Harry said as he chucked his invisibility cloak over us. We creeped down the corridor and came across a locked door.

"Ow, Ronald! You stood on my foot." Hermione said.

"Did not." He answered

"Did too!" Hermione responded, beginning to get angry.