Chapter 4

Unseen Scars

Chapter 4

When we got to school Tristan gave me a look saying that we would talk more later after school.

I nodded, got out of the truck and headed for the front doors.

Tyler met up with me in class a few minutes later and i asked him where he lived.

"I live near the west side of the forest down Ember road, it's the only house there for miles, you can't miss it." He answered me with a grin.

"Okay. That's good. i'll tell Tristan where you live that way we can pick you on the way to school." I whisper, since i'm not used to speaking in school.

Tyler hesitates before he speaks again, "Ivy? Um, I know you don't want to talk about it now,but what were you and your brother talking about before?"

I slowly answer him the best i can, without giving my secret away to him.

"We were talking.... about a way to, uh... get me away from.... from... the house. I haven't been able to get out much... because my parents... think i need to, um, study harder."

Tristain nods though he doesn't believe me.

 _+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

During sixth period Tyler and I got called to the office  to leave.

We grinned at each other like idiots and practically ran for the office.

Once we got there we saw my brother, Tristain with a grin on his face.

And next to him were my brothers, Devin, Drew, and Adam.

They all had their arms open wide for me to jump in.

And I did.

I jumped into their arms and they wrapped me tight to themselves.

To me, they felt so safe then and there that i couldn't keep the tears that spilled over my cheeks and onto them, my brothers.

They must have noticed because they started to rub my back and tell me soothing words that weren't that soothing.

I cried harder, thinking of how safe i feel here and how unsafe I've felt in my own home for my whole life.

"Please... don't leave me here... not with them. Take me with you.... take me away from them! I'll do any thing just don't leave me alone again." I whisper to them.

I feel Tyler starring at my back, watching my brothers and I.

He heard me.

I'm going to have to tell him sooner than i wanted.

I glance at Tyler then look back at my brothers holding and comforting me now.

My brothers hug me tighter and whisper to me promises of my safety.

Adam whispers to me, " I won't ever leave you again Ivy. Even if they threaten to kill me, i won't ever let them near you again."

He kisses my forehead and just holds me like the others.

I turn my head around and mouth to Tyler, "Meet me in the forest at six."

He nods and walks up to my brothers and I.

"Guys i want you meet someone." I say while pulling a little out of their hold.

I turn sideways so that i can see both my brothers and Tyler.

"Devin, Drew, Adam, i would like you to meet Tyler, My best and only friend."

Devin looks between me and Tyler, watching us.