Chapter 8

Unseen Scars

Chapter 8

Ivy's P.O.V

I woke up to find all four of my brothers plus Tyler sleeping soundly around me.

Smiling I got up and quietly walked across the floor but once I was near Tyler, he woke up alert and ready.

Standing in front of me, Tyler smiled and walked ahead of me.

Once we were in the hall he tells me, "Did you really think you could get past a werewolf?"

"Well I wasn't thinking about getting past you, I was thinking about how I was going to make an amazing breakfast for my brothers and you." I tell him.

I still wasn't used to the whole werewolf thing but I knew that I was safe with him, that he would never hurt me.

"Ohhh! I see. So can I help make breakfast since I'm up already?"he asks with a huge smile and his fingers tapping together like that blue guy from the movie Megamind.

Holding in a laugh I nod and start walking down the stairs.

Once at the bottom of the stairs I laugh and head through the living room to the huge kitchen.

The floor is black and white tile and the kitchen appliances are black.

The counters are white and the cabinets.

Going straight to the fridge, which is stuffed to full capacity, I take out eggs, milk, OJ, butter, and chocolate chips.

In the cabinets I take out pancake mix and a few other ingredients.

Putting everything on the cabinets I also take a piece of paper out with a black marker from the drawers.

I write on the piece of paper, "DON'T COME DOWNSTAIRS UNLESS YOU DON'T WANT TO EAT MY GREAT BREAKFAST!"

"There that should keep them upstairs." I say while handing it to Tyler. "Can you hang this somewhere upstairs so they read it, please?"

"Sure." Tyler says while smiling down at me.

Before I can even blink he's gone from the spot he was just standing at and up the stairs.

"Whoa!" I whisper under my breathe and smile.

Turning back to the ingredients I start on making my most amazing pancakes with chocolate chips.

My brothers love my cooking, they say it's award winning.

I don't think it is.

It's pretty great but not award winning.

Just as I'm getting done with the pancakes I notice Tyler sitting on the counter watching me cook.

"Whoa! Okay! How long have you been sitting there?" I ask while laughing at myself for not noticing him.

Tyler smiles at me and replies, "About as long as it took you to make them pancakes."

My eyes widen at my lack of observing.

"That long?" I ask my voice cracking at the end.

I need to be more alert.

I should have known better then to relax so much.

Frowning at my feet I turn around and slide down to the floor.

Curling up into a ball I start to cry.

If I was still living with my parents I would have been attacked to bits and pieces.

Irreparable.

Tyler jumps off the counter, slides down beside me, and wraps his arms around me.

He whispers reassuring murmurs into my hair and brushes my tears away.

I look at him and smile.

This isn't that horrible place.

And I'm never ever going to be near that place again.

I'm safe, protected, loved, and they won't ever let them take me again.

Besides the monsters dead.

Tyler saved me.

Looking into Tyler's hazel eyes now I know that I shouldn't be being so harsh on myself.

Because he would save me before I would ever get hurt.

I take a deep breath and let it out shakily.

Smiling I stand up and get back to working on the breakfast and before long I'm done and heading up the stairs with Tyler to get my brothers.

Though before we're even half way up the stairs their running and jumping over each other just to get to the breakfast first.

Tyler quickly picks me up in his arms and jumps over the railing of the stairs.

We had just barely made it before my brothers all went tumbling down the stairs in a hemp of limbs.

Tyler and I watched as they hurriedly disentangled themselves form each other and sprinted into the kitchen to gobble down the pancakes.

"Those are my brothers.... I think. I won't be sure until I get the genetic results from the hospital." I joke loud enough for my brothers to hear.

They all turn to stare at me with food in their mouths and drinks half way posed to drink.

"Kidding." I say and laugh as they all grunt and turn back to their food.

"Your brothers are real wild animals, I think we should take a few precautions. Like a brick wall for example cause right now they look as if they would eat us." Tyler whispers in my ear and I laugh even harder.

The simplest things just make me laugh.

And with my laughter calls on the attention of the beasts.

Meaning my brothers.

Their done eating and staring at me with evil glints in their eyes, making my laughter cease.

"I think we should start running." I say and look Tyler with a smile forming on my lips.

He nods and we are speeding away upstairs and into his room.

My brothers come running upstairs starting the contest to see which brother can tickle me to make me laugh.

And who would have known just as we're going down into the secret passage Tristan is the first to sprint through the doorway.

I scream In delight and laugh as Tyler and I crawl through the secret passage towards my room.

But Adam is on our tail and so close to tickling me.

Tyler abruptly stops and pops open the little door that leads up onto my rooms floor.

He quickly gets out and pulls me up.

Adam is just an inch away from the little door when Tyler closes it.

He then grabs me by the waist, throws me over his right shoulder and jumps through the open window in my room.

Landing on the soft grass he sets me down and laughs when we look up to see my four brothers watching us with shock written on their faces and twitching eyebrows.

I fall unto my butt with laughter and smile up at my new family with joy.

Tristen, Devin, Drew, Adam, and Tyler; my new family.