𝐈𝐈𝐈: blood in water

CHAPTER THREE
( blood in water )

SEPTEMBER 16 2149𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝒐𝒏 𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒉

SEPTEMBER 16 2149
𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝒐𝒏 𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒉.

     FINN LED THE WAY THROUGH the woods, Jasper and Monty behind him as Clarke, and Thalia stayed in the back

FINN LED THE WAY THROUGH the woods, Jasper and Monty behind him as Clarke, and Thalia stayed in the back. Octavia caught up after her brother gave her somewhat of a permission to tag along.

"Before you get any ideas, Finn is mine."

          "Before you get any ideas, I don't care."

    Thalia found herself stopping with the others in a field of flowers. They were all colorful, so very beautiful. Finn picked one, placing it in Octavia's hair, tucking, it behind her ear. "Now that, my friend, is game." Jasper smirked, whispering to Monty.

"That, my friend, is poison sumac."

"What? It is?" Octavia freaked out, slapping the flower out of her hair.

"The flowers aren't poisonous, they're medicinal, calming actually." Monty replied, putting a single flower in his mouth to eat.

"His family grows all the pharmaceuticals on the Ark." Jasper said to Octavia, explaining how the boy knows so much about a single flower.

"Hey, guys, would you try to keep up?" Priscilla shifted her body towards Clarke. Her tone got even bossier.

"Come on, Clarke!" Finn called back, turning his head in amazement as he looked at all the tall trees that blocked the bright sunlight. "How do you block all this out?"

Clarke stopped, turning around, which caught Thalia by, a slight, surprise as she abruptly stopped to not run into Clarke.

"Well, it's simple," she began to shoot back at him. "I wonder; why haven't we seen any animals? Maybe because there are none. Maybe we've already been exposed to enough radiation to kill us." Her words were urgent and loud to the others, not Thalia.