𝐈𝐈: the white rabbit

CHAPTER TWO
( the white rabbit )

SEPTEMBER 13 2149𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡

SEPTEMBER 13 2149
𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THALIA SAT IN A TREE, on a branch, she played with the leaves. She felt every rigid feeling it held beneath its skin, against her thumbs. Everyone was still drunk with joy, running around, climbing up trees, and going off on their own. In the corner of her eye, she sees a rabbit. She looks up from the bright-green leaf, and watches as the rabbit hops around.

She jumps down from the branch she was previously sitting on. She began to follow the rabbit, growing slightly curious.

She follows it to behind the drop ship, once it stopped she reached down and picked it up. She gently held out her finger for it to sniff, her other hand keeping it secure in her arms.

She gently stroked the rabbit's white glossy fur, smiling to herself.

Suddenly, a bird lands on her head. She lets out a soft laugh, seeing how her feet are surrounded by little creatures.

She reaches her hand out for a chipmunk to climb onto. Once it did she gently pet it with her thumb. She felt so unreal, so ethereal.

But, unfortunately, a loud branch crunching under someone's boot scared the critters away. The rabbit jumped down and ran away, and she let them. She wasn't one to force something to stay, rather than let them do whatever they wanted.

She spun around, and saw Bellamy standing there.

     "Can I help you?. . ." she asked softly, but yet with an attitude still.

     Bellamy smirked cockily a bit, "you like animals?" He asked.

     Thalia tilted her head, looking up at him. "Why do you wanna know?"

     "Maybe, I like animals too."

     "Do you?"

      "Don't know. . . we don't have animals on the Ark. Remember?" He chuckled a bit.

     Thalia nodded and walked past him. His eyes never left her until she was completely out of his sight.

     She goes over to Clarke, who was using a small ruler and pencil to trace her calculations on a map. Thalia and Clarke used to be best friends, until her and Wells broke up, Thea cut all contact with her, and Wells. Clarke doesn't even know the reason why they did, they both refuse to mention nor explain it.

     Thalia peaks over Clarke's shoulder, watching her hands move against the map. "This for Mount weather?" Thea questioned.

     Clarke nods, "yeah. We need to get from this point, to this one." She explained, her finger tracing over dots on the map. One dot were them, the other was Mount weather. "Should be about a one, two, day trip. Maybe quicker if we leave sooner."