𝐈𝐕: run, alice, run

CHAPTER FOUR
( run, alice, run )

SEPTEMBER 14 2149𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝒐𝒏 𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒉

SEPTEMBER 14 2149
𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝒐𝒏 𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒉.

     THALIA LAID ASLEEP underneath a willow tree

THALIA LAID ASLEEP underneath a willow tree. She was surrounded by all kinds of. . . bioluminescence, glowing flowers.

The night was pitch black, but the forest gave them a glimmering blue light. It shined throughout the miles of nature around them.

Thalia was absolutely exhausted, and in pain. She couldn't sleep, the pain, and the feeling of the bitten wound kept her up.

     She climbed up onto her feet, standing up straight. She leaned down, struggling a bit, to reach down and shake Monty a little bit.

     She was trying to wake him, so he could help her find something strong. Like, shrooms.

     Monty took a deep soft breath as he woke up. He looked up at Thalia and then squinted. "W-what's going on?" Monty asked, standing up.

     "Can you help me find. . . shrooms." She asked.

     "You want me to find. . . psilocybin mushrooms?" He repeated.

     "What?─ No,  shrooms. What language is that?"

     "Jesu- yea─ okay, never mind. C'mon."

Thalia begins follows Monty through the shimmering woods, stepping over branches in an attempt to not wake anyone else up.

     Monty had his arm around her waist to support her, keeping her upright.

     "So. . . how's your leg feeling?" He asked, breaking the unbearable silence.

     She looks up at him, "like I got bit by a fat-ass snake." She commented bluntly, causing Monty to let out a laugh.

     "Should've guessed." He replied in a soft whisper.