Chapter 3

Pov Wanda

I can't get that look on her face out of my head. The look of confusion. That's not what I was aiming for.
The spellbook clearly stated that the other person would react stronger to the smell, that they wouldn't want to leave your side, but that wasn't the case.

She did have some kind of reaction to the smell but not the right one.
So, I either did something wrong or it wasn't her hair.

Either way, I have to try again.
Not now though because first, I need to figure out in what kind of relation she stands to her roommate.
It's been bothering me for a while and kept me up longer than I'd like to admit. The simple thought of her being in a relationship with someone else, that someone else gets to be with her, kiss her, touch her, drives me insane.

I want to be the only one who does that and I will not back down until y/n is falling in love with me and will want to spend all her time with me.

Magic can give you a lot of things but it can't force love.
It can make someone addicted to a smell that's attached to you and since the brain can't differentiate between the smell itself and the person, she'll think, she's attached to me.

Once I got her to spend more time with me, I will woo her and make sure she'll fall for me. I don't want to force her to do anything with me that she doesn't want to, I'm not a monster.
But I also won't let it go until I got what I want.

And I don't care if it's obsessive or anything. I'm not only doing this for myself, I'm doing this for her.
I will protect her from everything that might be a threat and I will take care of her in every way.
There will be no reason for her to ever be scared again.

I shake my head and concentrate back on the task at hand.
The door unlocks with a simple spell and I silently step into the apartment. It's not very big, just two small bedrooms, a kitchen with a dining table and a bathroom.

I look into both bedrooms and know immediately, which one is y/n's. There are pictures set up that show her with friends or alone, probably on vacation somewhere.
For a few seconds I allow myself to close my eyes and imagine what it would be like to share this space with her.

Waiting here for her to come back from work. Welcome her with open arms and maybe a cooked dinner. Having a bubble bath ready for when her day was hard.
But I'm not there yet, I need to put a little more effort into this until I can call her mine.

I glance around the room and search for the perfect spot to set up the tiny camera I bought. If I don't know what relation she has with her roommate, I might not be able to hold myself back much longer.

My jaw clenches and I get a sour taste in my mouth at the memory just a couple of minutes ago.
I watched them leave the building together, holding hands like a goddamn couple!
I could have exploded but I kept my calm as good as possible.

At one point y/n looked into my direction and just for a split second we locked eyes. It didn't seem like she recognized me though. Even if she did, how would she know I'm following her?
I could have been there coincidentally.

I followed them a little longer, just until I heard all I needed to know. She told her roommate about me but once again it wasn't what I hoped for.
That's okay though, I'm still working on it. But god, I could have gone up to them and slap her roommate across the face. How dare she be so close to what's mine?

Y/n can have friends, I don't care but I won't let them get this close to her.
I shake my head and take a deep breath to keep my calm. This won't help me with what I'm doing right now and I also want to be quick, in case they come back earlier than expected.