Chapter 12

Pov y/n

Fuck, I've messed up badly. I broke the trust we've had but I'm going to make it up to her. I asked if she could drop me off at home and she nods her head. She ends up walking me to my door and that's when I ask.

"Can I come over tomorrow? I want to talk with you if that's okay. I'd like to explain why I reacted the way I did when I thought you weren't being truthful."

I watch as Wanda nods her head a little and says, "Come over tomorrow morning. We can have breakfast and then have a talk."

I nod my head and hesitate in leaning towards her. I go to walk away when she grabs my hand, pulling me to her and giving me a very soft kiss. I kiss back and mumble, "Have a good night. I'll see you in the morning, babe."
                         ☆☆☆☆☆

I wake up the next morning and I have this feeling that I know all too well. I'm kinda scared to tell Wanda because I'm not sure how she'll react to the information. I sigh and get changed into something comfortable and text Wanda asking if I can come over now.
I get a message back saying that I can and that she is now making breakfast which makes me smile.

I leave the apartment after saying bye to Spencer and make my way to Wanda's. I'm kinda nervous about this but I know I need to do this. I want Wanda to know why I don't like people lying and keeping secrets from me.

I decide to stop by the store and grab a beautiful bouquet of flowers, Wanda's favorite, and then continue my way to hers. After about ten more minutes, I pull into her driveway and park my car.

I take a deep breath and say to myself, "You can do this, just explain everything and then hopefully she understands and we can go back to how things were."

I get out of the car grabbing the flowers and locking my car once my door shuts. I walk to the front door and knock on it while I think of her beautiful smile which makes me smile.
The door opens and I see Wanda smiling at me slightly.

I bring out the flowers from behind my back and say, "These are for you."

She takes them and lets me inside. I enter the house and close the door and when I turn to look towards her again, I feel a kiss being pressed to my cheek.

"Thank you baby, they're beautiful." I nod my head and we walk into the kitchen.

We eat as we make small conversations and when it's silent in between, it feels a bit awkward. Like we are both trying to stall the needed talk.

Once we're done eating, I take the dishes and quickly wash them and say, "Grab something to drink for us both please, we can talk in the living room or if you want we can go up to your room?"

She nods, walking to the fridge and grabbing us drinks and says, "We can talk in the living room."

I nod and dry my hands when I finish the last dish and follow her as she was waiting for me. We sit beside each other but sitting sideways on the couch so we're facing each other as well.
I play with my fingers as I try to come up with how to say what I want to say. I feel hands on mine stopping me from playing with them, I look up and see Wanda looking at me with a soft look.

"It's okay baby, take your time and then when you're ready you can talk. I won't say anything until you're done, okay?"

I nod my head and smile in thanks.
"Um on our first date, you remember asking me about my parents?"

I look and see her nod so I nod back and continue saying, "Well growing up, life wasn't that easy. I'm an only child which I like sometimes. I've always had a dream where I would be in my own restaurant with my family, my wife and kids, and run it. I've always fantasized about it and was saving money so I could start that. Well one day, my parents called asking if they could borrow some money."