Chapter 41: Time to Heal, Time of Need

Targoviste

After six long weeks of fighting, Trevor, Sypha, Duke and Selina arrive in Targoviste. It was a hellish place they had walked into. It was as if the city was frozen in time. No life. Not a sound was heard. Everything in what was once a grand capital was now reduced to a ghost town with nothing but a cold, empty pressure lingering in the air. After the initial slaughter of its citizens, the city was devastated by this attack and it remained under the control of vampires and other night creatures from that day onward. However, in a great miracle from God, there were only a small handful of survivors. The Humans lived in fear every day as they sought shelter by staying inside secure buildings and other hiding places. Away from the prying eyes of the demons of the night. Something the group of travellers learned very quickly. In one such building, a small lantern lit up a darkened hallway as a young man clad in a knight's uniform laid against the stone wall. He could barely breathe, much less speak as he held onto his freshly slit throat. He had barely managed to survive but had no idea if he would live long enough to see tomorrow. All he could do was look down at the hall where the others had taken. Going deep below, a small trail of corpses littered the ground. Their blood splattered against the walls. They had left no one alive.

Selina flipped through the air and with a yell, brought down her leg to deliver a powerful kick to a Vampire's head. Her heel came slamming down on the crown of his head, making the Vampire's eyes go wide and he felt the force behind the kick wrack inside his skull. The Vampire was disoriented for a moment before he swung up his sword, attempting to cut the child in half, but Selina used his head as leverage and jumped out of the way before the blade could make contact. As she jumped away, Trevor came rushing in with his short sword and engaged the Vampire in a sword fight. As they battled, Sypha and Duke fought against the Vampire's duel-wielding partner, shooting out fire and electricity at him while avoiding his swing blades. Trevor gripped his sword and tried to rapidly strike at the Vampire he was fighting, but after quickly dodging and deflecting his sword, the Vampire raised his long blade and forced the sword out of Trevor's hand. Sending far away from his reach. The Vampire delivered a solid punch to Trevor's face, knocking him back against a rack of spears. The Vampire raised his sword to kill the Hunter. Trevor quickly grabbed a spear to defend himself, resulting in it getting easily cut in half by the Vampire.

Selina jumped in and grabbed one of the Vampire's arms, forcing him down to her level. Selina glared at him before holding up his arm in a vice-like grip and crushed it. Ripping his flesh and shattering his bones, nearly twisting it off. The Vampire let out a guttural scream as the pain shot through his nerves. Selina's eyes glowed hot white and was about to unleash her electricity when the Vampire threw his head back and slammed it against hers. Selina let out a cry as blood trickled down her forehead. Sypha heard her scream and immediately created a block of ice and fired it at the Vampire. Striking him hard against the back of his head. That was more than enough for Trevor and Selina to escape him. Sypha and Duke's opponent raised his twin swords to kill them both, but they acted fast and leapt into the air with their respective magic just in time for Trevor to rush in and use the broken pieces of the spear and block the attack. Trevor forced apart the Vampire's arms and the two fought in a duel-wielding match. While they were fighting, Sypha and Duke were hanging off the archway of the room. Sypha glanced over at another rack of spears and got an idea.

She brought up her hand with a small fire sphere above her fingers and pointed at the rack. Immediately, the tips of the spears glowed bright orange and were becoming extremely hot. The Vampire that Trevor was fighting earlier had regained his focus and shook his head, trying to clear his mind as he used his good arm to shake away the spears that had fallen on him. He spotted Sypha and Duke up near the wooden beams and grabbed his sword, charging in to attack. Sypha changed the gesture of her hands and created a solid wall of ice behind the ignited spears and the sudden temperature change caused them to shake uncontrollably. As the Vampire let out a yell and leapt to attack the Speaker Magician and the Gypsie boy, the ice behind the spears exploded. Causing the spears to fly out and stab him. Stabbing him through his heart, arm, and leg as he was pinned against the wall.