Chapter 34: What the Night Brings

*At the Belmont Hold*

Sumi and Taka travelled up the balanced elevator and they get themselves ready for another day of training. Even though they are grateful that Alucard is helping them, they suspect that he's holding things back. And they also suspect that the kindly gipsy girl might be the one behind that notion.

"He's holding things back from us, you know." Taka says.

"He wants us to stay. Miri seems to be an honest person, she wants us to stay too because it makes her happy that he's making connections with us." Sumi said, defending her new teachers a bit as she takes their feelings into consideration.

"Well, he did kill his father. And the people who helped him left." Taka said as he and Sumi walked in the direction of the forest.

"It's just them in a dead castle guarding a ruined house." Sumi said.

"It doesn't seem fair, does it? He rid the world of Dracula, and this is his reward." Taka said.

"I think that he thinks he deserves it." Sumi said.

"The loneliness?" Taka asked.

"He killed his own father. He wants to be punished for it." Sumi tells him.

"Even though he had no choice. But he has had Miri with him this whole time. I think it's because of her that he doesn't think that way too often. It seems that he probably killed Cho, too. At the very least, Cho died as a result of his attack on Dracula." Taka said.

"Now home is more unprotected than ever. But he has so many wonderful things. He can do so much for us. Give us a future." Sumi says as Taka knelt down and picked one of the white wildflowers around a nearby tree.

"But he stays here because it's as close to death as he can manage without killing himself. Which again, because of Miri being here, he doesn't think that. He adores that girl. Practically worships her." Taka said.

"She does seem to be very important to him. We should do something for him. Give him a reward." Sumi suggested.

"Can it be after I've had a nap? I've read so much, my brain hurts." Taka said as the two walk deeper into the forest. Sumi scoffs at him. "So lazy."

"I'm not lazy. I conserve my resources for important efforts." Taka said with a sheepish smile as he held his head.

"Like eating?"

"God, did we miss lunch? Maybe Miri and Alucard can make lunch again. And dinner."

"One more dinner?" Sumi playfully asked.

"Well, sooner or later, I'll have to start preparing my own food again." Taka said. Picking off the petals one by one.

"And meals taste better when someone else makes them." Sumi says.

"That's what I always say."

"I know. All right, then. Lunch and dinner, and we'll see what the night brings." Sumi says as they entered the castle.

*******Later*********

"Alright. Just relax, you idiot." Alucard says to himself as he paces around his room. "It's Miri. There's no reason you should be so nervous. You've gone through almost a thousand times. She loves you and you love her three times as much. You can do this. Just relax." He said. He ran his fingers through his hair and stops. He imagines Miri was standing in front of him with that beautiful smile on her face. He takes in a deep breath and looks deep into her eyes.

"Since the first day we met, I knew you were the one. God answered my prayers; You came down from above. You gave me your heart, you gave me your trust. From that very moment, it was more than just lust. Your sweet, loving words can never be compared. I am your forever partner; My soul I have bared. Never put into question any of my feelings being true. I have found my one and only. And that, my love, is you." Alucard then went down on one knee and held up a beautiful silver ring. "Miri, will you marry me?"