8

"I'm sorry, aunt Roselle.." whispered Melody as she fastens up a blue hooded cloak over her lilac colored dress. She was at the backdoor of her aunt and uncle's manor, ready to find and free her biological parents. it was nighttime as she gripped her locket tightly. Melody sighed softly before moving the glass door aside and ran outside in the warm september air.

She ran and ran, the sound of her white heels echoing throughout the silentness of the night. Melody didn't stop running until she reached her school, where she knew there was a secret passage to get into the theater. She smiled softly, happy that she would see and hug her parents after having them stolen from her when she was just a baby.

Quietly making her way around the school grounds, she found the passage and pulled a loose brick out, causing a mechanism to silently activate and opened the doors which she went inside as they closed. Melody sighed softly, taking her locket out from underneath the front of her dress. She noticed the locket slightly glowing as the red rose and white lily charms were lightly tapping against one another.. that meant she was close. all around her were torches, lit up with bright orange flames.

She began walking, keeping her cloak on as she began to sing the lullaby she learned all those years ago (A/N: start music.)

"Dancing bears, painted wings..

Things i almost remember..~

And a song someone sings..

Once upon a december...~

Someone holds me safe and warm..

Horses prance through a silver storm..~

Figures dancing gracefully..

Across my memory...~"

As she continued walking, guided by her locket, Melody reached a large decorated silver mirror, lined with patterns of vines and leaves, with large crystals in red, blue and green all over it. She knew this was the mirror that emprisoned her parents' spirits for many years until this very night. Well, no longer would the mirror keep her away from her family. She stared deep into the glass, seeing her mothers and her father's spirits in the glass.

"Someone holds me safe and warm..

Horses prance through a silver storm..~

Figures dancing gracefully..

Across my memory...~!

Far away, long ago~

Glowing dim as an ember~!

Things my heart used to know!

Things it yearns to remember!

And a song someone sings...

Once upon a december....~"

Once Melody stopped singing, the glass of the mirror began to break slowly as she smiled, watching as her parents came out of the mirror. a bright light flooded the room as she closed her eyes. when she reopened them, she was face to face with her real parents. "Maman.. Papa.. mom.." She whispered as tears spilled down her face, happy that she finally met her parents once more. Mother. Esmeralda walked to her daughter and hugged her tightly, running her fingers through her golden locks.

"you did it, Melody.. you freed us from our glassy prison after so long.." She said to her little girl, brushing the tears away. "Come on, let's go home." Melody nodded as whisps of light blue smoke surrounded the family as they arrived at the palace. "I have something for you, our little gem. wait here." Iris said to her as she left somewhere, leaving Esmeralda and the phantom alone with their daughter. Melody looked up at them and smiled.

"I missed you three so much.. please don't ever leave me again."

"we won't, our little swan."

Iris came back with a large box in her hands and handed it to Melody. "Open it, sweetheart!" Iris said to her as Melody opened the lid of the box and gasped upon seeing what was inside. Inside of the box, lined with baby pink velvet, was a beautiful tiara. The tiara was silver, with diamond and ruby musical notes forming into a heart in the center, with a single blue-green gemstone on the tip of the heart. noticing her daughter's shocked face, Iris giggled and took the tiara out from the box.

"You have the musical talents of your father while you have the beauty and voice of your mothers. I had this tiara commissioned when i learned that i was going to have a daughter, may i put it on you?" She asked Melody as she nodded. Iris took the tiara and carefully placed it on her head, watching as it glowed underneath the warm lighting of the chandelier. "Oh, Melody.. you look so beautiful!" Esmeralda said, leading her daughter to a mirror as Melody made eye contact with herself wearing the tiara.

Was this her she was looking at? Melody was shocked by how the tiara looked on her as Esmeralda smiled softly, kissing her daughter's temple. She was happy that she could finally hug and see her parents after so many years after not knowing who they were. This time, She was not going to be separated from them. Iris seemed to know what Melody was thinking as she joined her wife and daughter. "That is correct, Melody.. We will never lose you like you did when you were just a baby." Iris said to her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Later that night, Melody was placing her tiara in the glass case until she heard a gentle knocking on the stained-glass windows and stood up from her spot. "What the heck was that?" she whispered, quickly tying on a white robe as she opened the window quietly as not to wake her parents. "Keith?!" she whispered-shouted as she saw her boyfriend. "what are you doing here?! you know that you're not supposed to enter the kingdom or you'll be killed!" she added, knowing what happened to the last person that dared to come into a princess's bedroom.

"Do you really think that me and Tenebris care? We missed you, petal.. To the point we will follow anywhere you go."

She could feel butterflies in her stomach as she heard those words as she kissed her boyfriends.

She would fight to the death for her beloveds.. just as her father would for her mothers.