Three

Surprisingly, I slept most of the night. I woke up at around five which I guess you could say I slept a good night sleep and man, I felt refreshed when I woke up. I decided to get on with the day. I go shower and dress into my Disney long sleeve that had Mickey and Minnie on the front and then some yoga pants before I head down for break fast.

The day went on with little entertainment. I read mostly and I did some weeding of the back garden before I heard Lisa and Alec pulling up home. This always made me smile. I hurry back inside and meet them at the door. Lisa tried to give me a warning look but I wasn't sure what for until I heard the voice. I instantly froze. My grand mother - my father's mother. She always hated me. She would pop in every so often but usually I get a warning and make myself busy.

'There she is' My grandmother says in distaste, turning her nose up at me 'And what is with that revolting hair?' she was unfortunate enough to be fit as a fiddle for her age and there was no sign of her passing any time soon. Don't get me wrong, she was a lovely lady.. mostly.. just not to me.

'Grandma' Lisa scolds 'Don't be so rude, I love Rae's hair'

'Not rude' Grandma shrugs as she looks around the place 'Have you been cleaning this place good while your Alpha and Luna have been gone?' she asks me.

'No' I tell her, clearly insulted 'I'm not an Omega'

'Okay, that's enough, if you can't speak with respect then you can leave. Rae is family, she isn't the help, she isn't scum like you make her out to be' Lisa defends me.

'You are still her Luna and Alpha' Grandma scoffs.

'We are her family first' Alec snaps. 'Out of respect for Lisa, I have bit my tongue but you will not be welcomed here if you can not be kind to Rae'

Grandma rolls her eyes and clears her throat, looking me up and down 'Well, do you atleast have a Mate yet?' she questions?

'I'm sure I do' I shrug 'I haven't met him yet though' My father looked a lot like his mother. They both had the blonde hair - where Lisa and I got it from - and she had just as caramel coloured eyes as I did. She stood at equal height with Lisa and I could tell she needed to go to the salon and get her roots touched up because her greys were showing. She seriously only looked to be early fifties, not her late seventies with the little wrinkles she had.

Grandma huffs in response and I take this as my cue 'I'm going to go up to my room' I leave before anyone could respond.

Lisa followed me up not too long after 'Sorry, she was already here when we pulled up' she tells me.

'She's an evil woman' I narrow my eyes 'I don't know why she hates me so much'

Lisa sighs and takes a seat on my bed 'Me either but her attitude has to change, we're all sick of it and it's not fair'

'Thanks' I give a small smile 'How was the meeting?'

She gives me a dreaded look 'Well, we're throwing the next mixer on the weekend, there are so many young wolves in a neighbouring pack that have not yet found their Mate so we've invited them to party on the weekend'

'Oh?' this peaked my interest. Of course I wanted to find my Mate, I was so desperate for that love but at the same time, I was scared. Tradition was that the female would go live with their male Mate.. unless of course Alpha lineage was involved but considering I wouldn't be Luna of this pack, I'd end up leaving and I wasn't sure I was ready for that.

'Excited?' Lisa smiles 'Want to go shopping? Who knows, maybe your Mate will be there' she wiggles her eye brows.

'It would be nice' I smile 'I definitely don't have any kind of dress to wear'