Four

I found myself suddenly interested in the colour red. Lisa and I were shopping for a dress for the weekend's mixer and I couldn't help but feel like my dress needed to be red.

'Rae' I look up and see a smiling Sonny. I smile back as she comes over, a shopping bag in hand 'I didn't know you were shopping today'

'Yeah, Lisa asked me to come yesterday, they're throwing a mixer over the weekend' I explain.

'Mixer?' Sonny asks.

I nod 'You don't know what I'm talking about do you?' I laugh. She shakes her head 'It's where a pack will host a party for neighbouring packs in hopes for each pack to find Mates within the other' I explain lowly.

'Oh' she blinks and thinks it over 'So you're hoping to find a Mate at this?' Sonny asks me.

I nod my head 'Yes so I need a dress, preferably red'

'Oh hey Sonny' Lisa smiles coming out of the change rooms.

'Hey, that looks so pretty' Sonny eyes my sister. She was wearing a tight little black dress that hugged her entire form.

'A little tight for my liking' I screw my nose up 'You of course look stunning but I'm not sure the Luna should be wearing a short dress' I point out.

'You're right' Lisa nods 'Alec would flip at anyone who looked my way' she gave a little laugh and then went back to the change room.

'What about this one?' Sonny pulls out a floor length dress. It was red with silver rinestones over the bust and off the hip.

'Where have you been my whole life' I gasp. I take the dress from her and check the sizing, satisfied it would fit, I go to the change rooms. It was strapless and a back zip but it was georgeous. 'Can you zip me?' I ask Sonny. She comes in and zips up the dress. It was a perfect fit. I turn and look at myself and I was in awe. It hugged my bust and waist and then flowed loosely off the hips all the way down to the floor. Due to my short stature though, it swam at the floor.

'You look beautiful' Sonny assures me 'Like seriously, I am your Mate now' she jokes.

I laugh but I had to agree with her. I loved this dress. 'I'd have to ditch the bra but I am in love with this dress' I say.

'Show me' I hear Lisa say from outside. I open the door and Sonny and I exit. My sister's jaw drops to the floor 'Oh my fucking god' she breathes.

'Right' I smile. Sonny's phone rings which breaks us all from the spell we were under from this dress.

'Hey babe. Oh, sorry, I ran into Rae dress shopping for the mixer thing at the pack house and my god babe, you should see her' she was clearly talking to Riley. She laughs 'I will leave now, love you' she hangs up and looks at me in awe again 'I have to go but we need a catch up'

'I agree' I nod 'Tonight?' I ask.

'You can come to mine?' she questions.

I nod my head 'Sounds like a date' I wink.

'I'll text you in a few hours when I'm ready, have a few things to do still'

'Of course' I nod.

****

I was so in love with that dress that I wanted to wear it everywhere. But the price of it stopped me. I needed to keep it for the actual mixer before I ruined it. I kept it in it's bag in my closet. Now I was sitting on Sonny's couch in her massive house that Riley had bought them.

'So where's Riley?' I ask Sonny as she brings out a mug of hot cocoa.

'He is helping Ronnie and Jess build this thing for the babies' she tells me 'So, what have you been doing? Still love the hair' she says.