Seven

I was nervous. I had decided on a pair of skinny black jeans with a sequence shirt. It felt odd wearing a shirt that exposed my arms, I felt naked but I put on a big thick watch and felt a little better. I applied light make up but had my eyes a smokey grey and black with eye liner. I hated mascara, I never used that. I kept my hair in it's natural straight self and took a deep breath.

Lisa called to me at seven o'clock sharp and anxiety built in my stomach.

I could do this.

I smile as I head down stairs, making sure to grab my phone just in case. 'Have fun and call me if you need to bail' Lisa tells me as she pulls me in for a hug.

'I will' I whisper back.

'Being the first date, I would like her home by ten pm sharp, no later' Alec tells Carl sternly.

'Yes Alpha sir' Carl responds. He sees me and he smiles brightly. I returned the smile but guilt stabbed me in the chest.

'Bye guys' I leave the house and close the door behind.

'You look beautiful' Carl tells me.

'Thank you' I say quietly, a blush reddening my cheeks. We walk down to the car and he opens the door for me, closing it once I was inside. See, so sweet.

The drive was silent as we pull up to a really nice restaurant. I knew it well in the sense that this is where Alec and Lisa went every other weekend for date night. 'Have you been before?' Carl asks as he opens my door for me.

I shake my head 'No, never but Alec brings my sister here' I tell him.

'It's very nice, the food is delicious' he assures me. We go in and the waiter takes us to our table. As I look around, I am glad to see that I wasn't the only one wearing jeans. Most of the women wore short, revealing dresses that made me feel over dressed.

Carl pulls my chair out for me and once we were seated, things grew a little awkward. He ended up ordering a juicy steak and I got a pasta dish and he wasn't lying, the food was delicious. We made small talk and it was so much easier to talk to him after the awkwardness was gone. He told me about his childhood, how his parents fought a lot and he used to hide his siblings in the basement to keep them safe during these fights. He told me of his high school human girlfriend who was clingy and needy and turned him off  dating humans. I also found out he was twenty-five. Six years older than myself.

It was only eight thirty and the meal was wrapping up. I didn't want to drag this out longer than it needed to but at the same time, I was kind of scared of his reaction. Would he get mad? He had been nothing but sweet this whole night. Would he force me to stay on this date? Would he get violent?

'Would you like to go home now?' Carl asks.

'Huh?' I frown, it wasn't a question I was expecting.

'I can see you aren't into this as much as I am' he lets out a soft laugh.

I give him a winced look 'I'm really sorry' I start 'You're so sweet and have been such a gentleman all night and I really hoped that I could feel something here but..'

'You don't' he shrugs 'It's fine'

'I'm sorry' I apologise again.

'Honestly, it's okay, I can't force you to like me' he gives a small smile but I could tell his feelings were hurt. 'Would it be wrong of me to expect something for my troubles?' the way he smirked irked me.

I blink at him 'What?' Was he serious?

'Come on, I'll drive you home' he dropped the question but I didn't trust him.