Chapter 2

Giyu Tomioka

The day the training started was the biggest pain in the ass of my entire life.

Shinobu Kocho's profile made her look like a goddess.

She was a damn witch.

He wasn't going to deal with this.

"Get up. As your coach, I'm not going to deal with the embarrassment of having my trainee as bad as she originally was. Improvement is the only thing I care about seeing you do today." I hissed, jerking her off the couch. She glared at me.

"Could you let me finish watching tv? God, your such a joy killer." She sighed, sitting up and grumbling. I stared at her.

"What." She asked, glaring at me.

"Don't tell me your going to train with a flannel and sweatshirt." I muttered.

"Y'know, it's possible you might be having to fight like this, and as my trainer, shouldn't you be open and encouraging me thinking about multiple scenarios and training for them?" She said, glaring at me through her vans hoodie. We were located in the training center, where she somehow brought a TV with Wi-Fi and Hulu on it, and a couch. Don't ask me.

My life might as well be busted. She wasn't improving at all at this rate. I'd probably loose this job.

"Fine. I'll let it slide." I grumbled. "As long as you can prove you have the basics, I'll let you go."

"Got it." She said lazily. I lunged toward her. She ran towards me, which was not the basic procedure. I skidded to a stop, ready to scold her, when I tumbled, with her pinning me to the ground.

"See? I might have a different defense type, but it doesn't mean it doesn't get the job done! Actually, it's a lot quicker than how you fight. I control, you harm. Anyway agent, anything you wanna say?" She brushed herself off smugly.

"That's really good...for basics." I muttered, reluctant to give her praise. "However, you need to develop it so you can use your speed and their strength against them. Currently, all you have is speed. I want to see how well your stamina is. Into the field."

"Whyyyyyyyyyyyy?" She whined. "Do you have no other hobbies other than bullying me?"

"Trust me, I'll be so happy the moment I make you cry." I muttered, glaring at her. Did she think being a spy was simple? She might as well have said that elephants fly.

"Wow. Challenge accepted. Anyway, about that stamina test. How about you run beside me? It would really help with your physical condition." She patted my stomach and walked off. My eyes twitched. The nerve of that girl. I would be glad the day I destroyed her.

"Fine. But why would you know about my physical condition if you weren't constantly looking at my abs?" I asked. She gasped at me, and smirked.

"Ohhhhhhhh. You're talking back now, right? Well, I'll make sure your life is a living hell." She grinned. "You are younger than my past coaches. Maybe you'll last longer on the field than they did."

"Gee, thanks for the support." I muttered. The honest saying is that spies retire often in their forties to fifties. The pay isn't incredible either.

The only thing that keeps you going with that is the fact that you know you've saved thousands of lives, they just don't know yet.

"Hey, you thinking? I think a lot too, but everyone does."

"Has anyone told you you're really annoying?" I muttered, leaning on the fence pole. God, has that been the truth.

"Has anyone told you you're an asshole, and built like one too?"

***

"God, Shinobu! What did you say to agent Tomioka?" Kanae stood in front of Kocho, staring sternly at her. I snickered slightly, and Kanae looked my way. I ducked my head away, smirking.

Right after the training, I called Kanae about Shinobu's incredible ability to make men cry, and she was not happy about it. The incredible sense of joy I had when I hung up was worthwhile.

I also 

"Just call him a few things. He's got skin more sensitive than I've ever seen. Has he never been trash talked before? Hey, you shithead snitch!" She called over.

"Sorry, don't respond to shithead snitch, I do respond to Leader Tomioka though." I said, looking at my nails and biting my lip in regards to me laughing.

"You!" She shrieked. I looked up, smiling.

"Ouch. Practice using those face muscles for something, will you?"

***

"Agent Tomioka. I expect you to execute this mission as throughly as possible. Kocho's family has been a long line of spies, and she's shown the most talent though our generations." Tsutako said coldly, writing down something as she held the phone to her head.

"Yes Agent Tomioka. How's the injury?" I asked. My sister paused and looked up at me.

"How do you think my leg is doing?" She asked. "As for now, I'm the secretary lady for the other one who decided she didn't have enough work days and had a little pouty pout and got three weeks of fucking vacation days and I swear it's because no one can stand her. I'm not in the mood for anything, especially you failing your orders. You are going to spend some time with your trainee, get to know her a little better. Got it? I don't care if you don't, do not disappoint me little brother." Tsutako went back to shuffling papers and writing down addresses.

"Got it." I muttered. God, tough love. And she liked to murder me too. How was I supposed to just 'spend time with Kocho'? I might as well be allergic to her, and she's the biggest pain in my ass, and trust me, I've had really big assholes in my career.

Agent Shinazugawa and Iguro. Thank goodness their in a different unit.

***

"Hey Kocho." I muttered. "Learn not to just pick up spam calls." Her phone was ringing like crazy on the couch as she picked it up, pizza in hand.

"What if it's my pizza delivery?" Kocho whined.

"Eat the pizza the apartment complex provides." I said.

"Is it Dominos? No, it is not. So let me have my pizza.

"I do that all the time, and my phone is still perfectly fine. Besides, my search history would scar them for the rest of their lives, if I hadn't already." She said.

"Anyway, as a requirement of the mission..." I swallowed my irritation and opened my mouth again. "I'm supposed to get to know you."

There was a pause, then a laugh.

"Trying to spend time with me Agent Tomioka?" She said slyly. "Didn't know you were already so entranced by me."

"I'd rather be entranced by a pig." I said shortly. Then took her phone and pressed the hang up button.

I'm writing a story about two people who think the other is a damned a-hole falling in love.