Chapter 5

Giyu Tomioka

"Today, I want your trainee to work with other Trainees and people from the unit. We will have...Sanemi Shinazugawa, Obanai Iguro, Mitsuri Kanroji, and Kanae Kocho. The rest are on missions." Chief Kayaga said. He grabbed a piece of paper and set it in my hand. "I expect all drills to have been gone through. After that, I want you to take her to some short term missions." I nodded. As I walked out of the office, I saw Kocho standing outside.

"Kocho-"

"Cut the slack already will you? Call me Shinobu. Besides, there already is another Kocho in the field. That you call Kanae, but whatever." Shinobu said, tapping her foot on the floor. "So anyway, what are you going to be for Halloween?"

"Halloween?" I asked. Why would I...never mind.

"Halloween! Give out some candy with me if you ain't feeling like trick or treating...the one day strangers are kind. I need some more candy for my candy supply, and I am not spending my money on any. It's tonight. Come or not come." She walked down the hall and made a left turn, leaving me behind.

"Well, she's hot." I jumped and saw Agent Tengen behind me.

"Why are you here?" I snapped.

"Wow, didn't expect THE Agent Tomioka to be staring at a girl's ass, especially his trainee's."

"I'm not-"

"Starting at her ass? Come up with a better excuse."

Maybe I was...kinda.

As Tengen bounded away, I pulled out my phone, looking at the contact that popped up first. Kocho...Shinobu.

"Hey." I said as I called. Why was I even doing this?

"What's up? Coming to Halloween? Wanna feel like a kid again?" Shinobu asked.

"Sure."

***

"God it's the first time you've ever bothered to go out with anyone since Marilyn." Makomo said as Sabito and I looked through the costume isles.

"Shut up about Marilyn, will you?" I grumbled.

"Yeah, yeah." Makomo muttered under her breath. "Like when you shut up about her when you went bawling towards us because she called you depressed and clingy."

"Dude, I really wish you could've told us beforehand, maybe made plans a few days ahead of time, because the only thing I see you wearing tonight at this rate...is that Peppa pig costume." Sabito muttered. I shot him a look and he shrugged.

"Damn right, hurry up dude." Makomo said, admiring her newly done nails. That we paid for after she came to the mall without her wallet and demanding a pedicure. "Actually, I don't mind being here. Just me and my stunning nails. Hey, I wanna go to the indoor playground. Got any spare change?"

"You now need to pay to go in?" Sabito said in disbelief, stopping his search. I smacked him on the back of his head and he went back to looking through the racks.

"Yes, of course, it's inflation- ooh! Spider-Man!" Makomo shrieked, and I looked over. She was holding a Spider-Man costume.

"You're wearing that." Sabito said.

"Shinobu's gonna be swooning over you if you wear that." Makomo said. I paused for a moment.

What the heck?

Makomo, I swear I'm ending your life.

"Wait! Er, no, we aren't-" I said rushedly and Makomo smirked.

"Yeah right." Sabito and Makomo gave each other "knowing glances".