𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆

Alexya

At 20, something was promised to me. I am waiting. Waiting again and again because it's been two years.

I don't know if all the fathers are like this, making ourselves wait.

And now at 22, I received anything from my father; no life's signal and no mission. But I made some missions myself, well if we can say that. I have already killed, a few years ago despite my young age, and I already have those dirty hands because of the awful and heartless world in which I was born and in which I will stay.

FLASHBACK: September 2014, Los Angeles;

-Alexya, come here please. I heard the voice coming from the office.

My father is calling me, I don't know if I should be afraid or not. His tone was to...calm, that is not a really good thing. Maybe he called me with this tone because it is his voice; or maybe not...

-Alexya? he called me a second time raising a little bit more his voice.

-Coming! I answered. My heart is beating fast, very fast. I am wary of everything with my genitor, every single thing can be a trap. But I let no emotion show on my face, I don't want him to know that I think about everything all the time.

-What took you so long? He asked stretching his arm towards me to bring me closer to his body, I decided to not answer.

-Anyway, I have a proposition. When those words went outside of his mouth my heart stopped beating so fast and I started using my brain to think of all the propositions he could tell me.

-Yes, what is it dad?

-When you will turn 20, I will give you your first mission. As mafia's leader I will decide what you will execute on this mission, you'll work for me. And if you complete this mission, this will mean that you earned my confidence.

Maybe I am 10 but I clearly understand why he wants to get me on several missions. However, I act naïve, like I don't understand.

-Why? You don't trust me? I asked with my childish voice.

-Yes, I do Alexya.

-liar you do not, genitor-

-Only, this is not how it works. You'll see in the due times; I'll call you to let you know. He gives me a smile that means that he is waiting for this moment.

***

Only, this is me who is waiting now. You lied, again. It's the only thing you can do, the only thing you gave me in my life: lies.

To escape from my thoughts, I decide to take a shower, a very hot shower.

I could never explain why but warm showers scare away my thoughts of any kind. It's so hot that I see the mist rising and covering the mirror and the shower wall.

When I finish, I wrap myself in a long white towel and look outside.

I see a black car that is not usually there and two men all dressed in black and hooded. One is calling outside of the car and the other is sitting on the passenger's side. That's a little weird, I approach the window to have a better view on what's happening outside. My heart skips a beat when I see amber eyes, almost yellow, piercing my gaze. This man's gaze is hard and sweet at the same time, I don't know how to describe this.

We stay few seconds asking each other silently what are we doing here. When his friend calls him, we break this eye contact.

Cas