𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

Shit, I'm so stupid; I didn't think about him.

-Who are you? I ask without being in front of the man who is aiming his gun at me.

Who the fuck are they? What they want from me? Do they know something about me?

-First, would you get off of me per favore. Said the man that I kicked.

-Slowly. And you'll see who I am, Ashford. He said talking next to my ear.

I comply.

I have three choices, the first is my father who sent men to get me because I hung up on him; the second is random men who discovered my identity; and the last one is... my mission.

But why heaven would have given me this mission, I didn't even have to look for this cartel that it fell into my hands, technically I fell into their hands. If they were my father's men, they wouldn't have threatened me with guns; they wouldn't have threatened me at all.

-Selena?

This voice takes me out of my reflection. I look up and see a silhouette that I know, that I know too much and that shouldn't be here.

-Shit... I whisper.

-Who is this? Asked the tall man with his gun.

-Darius, take her too. Is he his dog to receive orders like that?

I see this man named Darius coming closer to her. No... I'm so sorry Sofia but rule number one for me is to save my life when it's urgent. I will come back for you I promise.

On this moment of confusion, I decide to run straight in front of me, looking for a car. Several shots come in my direction but I avoid them.

In the distance I hear: Vittore, with me. And then I hear a motorcycle noise then a car noise.

I run as fast as I can until I cross the road, a car slams on the brakes. Perfect.

I go to the driver's side and bluntly open the door.

-GET OUT!

I "help" the man to get out of his car which is mine now. This is an Audi RS3, I'm so lucky; I'm kidding I almost chose it.

I smile when I start the engine, what a noise, I love it.

I drive as fast as possible to a highway. I'm not discreet with this car but I can drive very fast.

When I enter the nearest highway, I step on the accelerator and go up to 160 km/h; luckily, I can drive well.

I don't know in which direction I'm going; I think I'm heading towards lands less populated. I don't put my indicator because it's useless and I drive at 150 km/h. A lot of people honk at me and I understand why; but if they were walking in my shoes, they would understand too.

I take a look in my mirror, nobody behind me; I lost'em. I can slow down now, that's a good thing.

I'm on a fast lane, there are not many people. I can enjoy the landscape; green, calm and flat with mountain in the distance.

I look on my right and see wonderful colors in the sky; arush of nostalgia comes to me. I miss California, watching the sunset on the beach with my mother and my brother when I was young. When I didn't care about everything, when living my life was the only thing that mattered and my only goal was to annoy my brother. Good old days...

And, well... Life isn't always sweet to everyone.

I smile and pinch my lips just thinking about all of that, a tear rolls on my cheek.