𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚

∙ Alexya

I look around me at the gigantic room I am in, with a glass of champagne in my hand and Sofia on my left. My eyes dart back and forth anywhere to deprive my mind of thinking about that.

This event will be a good secret to keep and hide from my father because otherwise he could land in Italy, do the work for me and treat me as incapable. And what would disappoint me the most is that he would do the work for me. 

This scenario is unimaginable to me because I am preparing revenge against my own father, the cartel to which I am supposed to be loyal. But does this cartel really care about me? I know the answer and honestly I don't really like it. 

However, I realized that my father stays in contact with me out of interest and that he is the one who needs me and not the other way around. I'll give you a taste of your own medicine, father. I no longer need you and I will let you go in mid-flight so that you end up in trouble. You left when I needed you, when my mother and not your wife died; now that our roles are reversed you will taste this bitterness.

So, what happened in the plane is none of his business.

- He looks like a bad guy. Sofia remarks, without me paying attention to her remark. 

- We are basically bad guys, Sofia. At least, I am. I answer to her, focused on the snacks on the tray of a waiter who walks around the room.

I seem to see a pesto puff pastry on my target, so I wait for him to get closer to me to pick from the tray. Italian food is one of the best, I even wonder if it is not my top one, thanks to the fact that I avoid coming into contact with my father, I have discovered lots of things that I do not regret.

My friend ends up leaving to look for Darius, even without her telling me I know she's going to see him. These two will end up in the same room one day I believe in it, even if Alice tells me the opposite. 

During my time alone, I take the opportunity to quickly go to the bathroom to relax for a few minutes. Once I arrive in the room, I place my hands on the sink, in front of the mirror and try not to think about anything. But it failed, because I still think about it and my mind mustn't be corrupted by this desire that took us. 

I have to push past these thoughts because I feel like this evening is going way too well and it's unrealistic. I decide to go out but when I look up, I see him behind me.

The faint lights illuminate us both, as if we were the main characters. I can't admit that I breathe in the same room as him, it's as if the air suddenly becomes toxic.

I look at him in the mirror, I must surely pass him thanks to my heels. His snail-like charisma and unimpressive size bring back bad memories. I don't know what he wants from me but I doubt it's something benevolent or nice.

He takes big steps closer to me as I turn to face him. This swelling will try to twist my brain, I already know him too well.

- Whatever you want, I will not hesitate to kill you and present you bleeding in the middle of the buffet. You won't get me this time, Mat. 

He looks me up and down, or rather drools over me before raising his head to answer me.

- I'm the mole, you have to work with me. Your father contacted me when we were together because he knew I was trusted.

And there, I was on the verge of bursting out laughing or pulling my knife out from under my dress and slitting her throat. That's like the kettle insulting the pot.