Chapter 9

*A week earlier; Sunday.*

I was chilling on da block hanging out with my guys when I got a call from Fieya's mom.
"Who dis? ", I asked when I answered my phone.
"Well Rayon August if you must know, it's Mrs. Greene, Fieya's mother."
"Oh my bad Ms. Sparkle, what's good?"
"What's good Rayon? Really? You need to improve on your grammar skills. Anyway, that's not why I called. I called because my daughters birthday is coming up-"
"Yeah I know, what about it?", I said pissed off. The thought of that bug Fieya and what her brothers did just itches my skin. But, I'll be pissed all I want, and I'll never seek revenge. I'm dumb but I'm not THAT dumb. I would never mess with Mr. Greene or his family. Man, homie would have me in a body bag and shipped off to somewhere in Uganda before I could even explain myself.
She told me that Fieyah still needed an escort to her quincenera. I'm guessing she don't know that Fieya had her brother to beat my ass. But that's a different story for a different time. I'll go, but only because her moms is fine and I know the party gone crack. I just don't want Fieya to think we have a chance at dating because like I said earlier she's a baby.
"So you understand what I'm asking you Rayon?"
"Yeah Ms. Greene, I get it. I gotta dress up too?"
"Well of course you do. What do you think you'd be wearing?"
"Dog I don't even know son. I need some type of fly gear. But ight ma, I'll do what you want." I could hear Ms. Sparkle huff and puff on the other line. I forgot how she didn't appreciate New Yorkers and our lingo.
"Thank you dear."
"No problem. I'll be in Chicago as soon as I can."
"Do you need a place to stay?"
"No ma'am I won't. Imma crash at my cuz Khalil place."
"Alright then sweetie, see you then."

Ugh! Under no circumstances am I ready for this whole ordeal. I just wanna do what Ms. Greene asked me to do and make my way back to the block. But I guess while I'm here I might as well catch up with my cousin. Man I haven't seen him in years. I wonder if he found a girl yet. Guess I see when I get there. Chi city here I come.

_________________________
Hope everyone enjoyed this chapter. I'll be updating more often cause I got people on my back about it now. S/O to Big T and Jocy. Check out my friends stories for me.
novaacainee12- Jocy
creat1vemind- Big T

Nasieyah N.